Reign in Acai says "the ragheads got something right for a change."

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Muslims force cancellation of Freddie Mercury birthday bash on Zanzibar

by Issa Maalim Thu Aug 31, 10:26 AM ET

ZANZIBAR, Tanzania (AFP) - Organizers of a 60th gala birthday party for the late Zanzibar-born rock star Freddie Mercury, have cancelled the weekend event after outraged Muslims threatened to disrupt it.

Faced with fierce opposition from Islamists, who complained the flamboyant Queen lead singer's lifestyle was offensive to many on the overwhelmingly Muslim archipelago, organizers said they had no choice but to call it off.

"We have decided to cancel the party after misleading and erroneous information was spread about it," said organizer Simai Mohamed Saidi, who runs a Freddie Mercury theme restaurant in the capital.

"I urge Muslim groups in the future to seek correct information from us instead of relying on rumors," he said in an open letter, adding the event was intended to be celebration to honor Mercury, who died of AIDS in 1991.

Saidi also lamented that the cancellation would hurt his intention to use the party to raise money for HIV/AIDS victims on Zanzibar.

Conservative Zanzibari Islamists last week demanded that authorities ban the party and then vowed to stage mass demonstrations if it went ahead, saying it would tarnish the islands' reputation and culture and promote homosexuality.

"We were ready to join forces against the party because we had information that a number of gays from abroad had come to take part," said Sheikh Azzan Hamdani of the association for Islamic Mobilization and Propagation (UAMSHO).

"We had also written letters to the tourist commission and the owner of the Mercury restaurant, demanding that they stop the party," he told AFP.

The authorities, who have long tip-toed between secular constitutional ideals, the demands of a booming tourist industry and the wishes of conservative Muslims, never formally responded to Islamists.

But Zanzibar's information ministry this week ordered local state-run media not to give the event any coverage.

Few on Zanzibar are aware of Queen or Freddie Mercury, who was born Farrokh Bulsara on the main island of Unguja to Persian parents employed by the British colonial administration on September 5, 1946.

But the appearance of posters advertising the beach party to celebrate what would have been his 60th birthday in recent weeks prompted the Islamist complaints.

Although he was educated in India and moved with his family to Britain in 1964, Mercury, who died in 1991, remains perhaps Zanzibar's most famous son to many westerners and rock music fans.

Last edited:
cthulufhtagn said:
is it too easy to say this post will come back to haunt you

i think it is

Don't get me wrong kind sir. I find burka burrowing, Nick Berg decapitating, dhali baba's, to be just as lowly as Aids carrying, cunt fearing faggots. :)

Queen is for queers. I used to find them to be a decent classic rock band. Even being open minded enough to disavow my knowledge of Freddy Mercury's man muppeteering exploits. That came to a halt the day I listened to his song about a man riding a seatless bicycle with crotchless pants. :erk:

President Bush and Rumsfeld are sitting in a bar.

A guy walks in and asks the barman, "Isn't that Bush and Rumsfeld sitting over there?"

The bartender says, "Yep, that's them."

So the guy walks over and says, "Wow, this is a real honor! What are you guys doing in here?"

Bush says, "We're planning WW III."

The guy says, "Really? What's going to happen?"

Bush says, "Well, we're going to kill 140 million Muslims and one blonde with big boobs."

The guy exclaimed, "A blonde with big boobs? Why kill a blonde with big boobs?"

Bush turns to Rumsfeld and says, "See, I told you no one CARES about the 140 million Muslims."

President Bush and Rumsfeld are sitting in a bar.

I walk in to the bar and ask the barman, "Isn't that Bush and Rumsfeld sitting over there?"

The bartender says, "Yep, that's them."

So I walk over and say, "Wow, this is a real honor! What are you guys doing in here?"

Bush says, "We're planning WW III."

I say, "Really? What's going to happen?"

Bush says, "Well, we're going to kill 140 million Muslims and one faggot."

I exclaim, "A faggot eh? Let me buy you boys another round!!"

Bush turns to Rumsfeld and says, "I knew this country wasn't hopeless"

A couple hours pass, and we're all singing carols in the woods.

Hhahha, you guys are ridiculous, you know that right?

For the sake of honesty, I didn't do anything but come in this thread and talk about the same random shit all of you talk about. Nothing I've said save for a few exceptions has been serious... and yet you all have this insanely preconcieved notion of me and assume everything I say is genuine and not just to be silly. And I guess it helps that Fags and a few negars hate me... as odd as that is.

Hahah people attempt to "call me" on shit I say all the time. You must have been at Temple and missed those 5 dozen threads. Out of curiosity, which part of my original remark wrinkled your yarmulka?

BTW, I stand by all my remarks. I'm not a liberal faggot like everyone else here. :)

freddie liked the cock for sure
i watched a show about his boyfriends the other night
interesting stuff, apparently he had a big wanger but his big teeth where awquard for sucking chaps,
you know he got the whole moustache / leather boy thing from the guy in village people?