Release show details??

voodoo

A little left of heaven
Jan 18, 2006
Frederick, MD
www.livingformetal.com
For all those that attended, how was it?

Band members, please post your thoughts as well, if you could. I would like to hear from everyone. I spent last night at birthday party for my 3 year old niece, so I am in need of something different. Thanks in advance.

It was a great show.

They played a mix of things from all their albums. If I remember correctly the setlist was..and forgive me if the order is wrong

Manic Main Point Check
April in the Fall
Distant Skies
Posession
Evolutions
Fallen Stars
Alterations of the Ivory
Last of the Survivors
Blood and Passion

I don't believe I forgot anything. It was a great show, got to spend quite some time speaking to the band. :D my little brother came with me, and he was talking charlie zeleny's ear off. hahaha. He got his fender squire guitar signed by the whole band and charlie, which i thought was nice of them. Then again my brother is just a charismatic little kid so I think it was kinda his own charm that got the job done in a way too. It was his first concert, and before we left he said "I want to go to a REAL concert", but now that he went he realizes how much better a show like this one is to one in a large venue. Once bands get big they quite literally never have time for things to happen the way they did last night.

I have the whole show recorded, sans the stuff inbetween songs(I wasn't sure if I was gonna run out of time or not ,turns out I could've included all of it). It's on a tape though, so I'll need to hook the camcorder up to my computer and use adobe premier to get it off the tape. Thanks to andrew for giving me that tip too. =D So in the next week or so i should have the vids up, unless I can't find a wire to connect it to the computer.. let's hope that doesn't happen.

You are my hero, William. Cool that you took your little bro along, and he had a good time. I would have loved to have an opportunity chat with the band like that. I used to be friends with a local Baltimore band and it was great fun being the one to sit with them at shows during break time and not feel like I was intruding.

Anyway, thanks for the run down.

Yeah, the videos I have are...blah.

I missed Manic Main Point Check entirely. I was trying to figure out the camera still when they started so I accidentally snapped like 5-6 shitty pics and got like half the song playing while this occured. I was trying to maintain composure but I bopped along to some of the songs too so the camera is shaky in some parts. The lights caused the picture to go blurry a few times too. But the sound quality is great. Sounds perfect. I was worried about that. The band was pretty spaced out too, like, I had to move around a lot just to give the members all ample screen time. Overall I wish I had done better. But hey it's fan footage, and it was my first time with a camera. :p I'm still gonna upload it and stuff.

Digital Photos are now uploaded to their myspace, facebook & Photo Gallery on their website. It was a lot of fun, and I will let the band members comment on it at their own leisure. They probably are so exhausted. I know I didn't get to sleep until about 5 am. They pulled off a great show with only 1 rehearsal with Charlie. I appreciate everyone who came to help set-up and work the event (especially the parents & Gregg's girlfriend Jen). We had about 90 people there in attendance, and it was the best kind of turn out - fans, friends and family. The guys really enjoyed being able to mingle and talk to the fans, autograph their stuff, etc. They didn't sell very many of the new album last night (only about 30 copies), but we appreciate everyone coming out, paying the admission fee (so we could recoup some of the cost of putting on the event), and buying whatever merchandise they did buy!

We got all of it on video (2 HD cameras, and I was getting all the close-ups with my regular digital video cam) so we'll have it edited and some clips placed up on youtube within the next few weeks.

The guys are now very psyched for Europe which is in less than 2 weeks! Yay!

Oh, they only had one rehearsal? That explains it.

Despite my overwhelming love of the band, there were a few slip ups. :p Especially in Crimson Shade, in the harmony guitar lines towards the end it sounded kinda dissonant and it didn't flow well. But it doesn't really matter to me, it was still a great show and after all, the band members are only human. small things like that are nothing. And plus, who am I to criticize, any of them can play circles around me. haha

It was a great show.

:D my little brother came with me, and he was talking charlie zeleny's ear off. hahaha. He got his fender squire guitar signed by the whole band and charlie, which i thought was nice of them.

I noticed this and said to someone, "Charlie has a new friend!" It was so cute, your brother just followed Charlie around as he was packing up his drums, talking to him non-stop. Charlie was really great about entertaining him!

yeah, i would've loved to have been there. i was for a second though, will called me. all i heard was static screeches though, really tragic

i'm about to buy the album tho, haven't had power for a week since the leftovers of hurricane ike met up with some nasty low pressure system and beat the hell out of dayton ohio. :(