remix `practice` album, make it good

gobz

New Metal Member
Mar 20, 2002
www.soundisciples.co.uk
yes i am a recording artist, and an engineer, however in the days when i wasn`t ( 1989 ) me an me mates all bought the practice wot u preach album. We all noticed that the bass drum sound was really dodgy, pip,pip,pip instead of thump,thump,thump. Was a shame cos this album contains some cool testament material. I reckon that if this album was remixed ( no need to re-record it ) then it would have a new lease of life. You may ask me - but wot about that bad bass drum sound ?, well being an engineer I know that an audio-midi trigger and bass drum sample could sort that out if all else fails ( sorry for being technical ! ).

wot do ya think people remix the album ( like megadeth did with killing is my business ) ? would you go and buy it again ? ( i would ) let me know and/or visit my own personal network of sites detailing bands that I have recorded with and released albums myself, can be reached at www.soundisciples.co.uk and contains sites for my bands whores of babylob/soundisciples/noiselab and my new covers band `dimebag does dallas`. U can also leave a message of abuse or otherwise on our message board if u like

remix practice, let it live again !

Attachments

• new metropolis 150.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 6
Practice is definatly one of Testaments biggest sellers and one hell of an album. They just did the re~recordings of 10 songs off there first 2 records and maybe re~doing Practice would be overkill on the re~recordings. Sometimes bands go over board. I sometimes think that a work of art is better left alone in certain cases, this being one of them.

i know wot u mean, but i was not suggesting a re recording, just a remix of the origional material, obviuosly a short while after first strike. It would make me very happy

Yeah, they were originally gonna remaster the first 3 or 4 CDs, but their old label wouldn't let them 'cause they're a typical money-grubbing piece of shit label. So, they did FSSD instead, re-recording some select songs off the first 2. Practice is their best album, IMO. I wish they could work something out with the label to remaster it. I can't wait for the day where musicians have rights to their own material.