Sadus Practice.......Preview Of Whats To Come!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
The Scene:
I had the pleasure of going to the Sadus studio, and catching a practice.......The first I must say is that this band is highly prepared.....thats right, their bar was fully stocked, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels, 2 jugs of Wolf Vodka, 2 Souza Tequilla's, and various(lots) other bottles of different types of booze, but they were low on mixers........The Sadus studio is very comfortable & has a club feeling about it......couches & chairs.... Posters, Pirate Flags(skull & Crossbones), Sadus Backdrops, Black light neon psychedelic posters, line all the walls, top to bottom, ever growing from the years they have spent staying their......Lots of Sadus, Posters & flyers, a history of the bands moments in time.......its dark.....the ceiling has 3 black lights that give the posters life......behind the drums are a couple of colored cans of lights that set the mood.....I notice lots of Pam Anderson & Carmen Electra's, and other note worthy blonds, in different stages of undress & sexual poses......Long haired Blonds & Metal......go together like a toothbrush & your toothpaste.

The Cast:
Just Sadus.......Stevie D.....Darrin, & Jon...........and me: The audience.

The New Music:
Five totally new songs, which will be on the new album........
Since I shall not divulge their titles of these new songs(I don't want to tell secrets that I might not supposed to), I'll name them according to how I felt it. These songs had no vocals, no keyboards.......and are in different levels of completion.....The First one I call.......The Best Sadus Song I ever heard, it was different, guitar driven, Bass controlled ......fast but had a great groove.
Second was what I call Jazzy/fast Sadus song, they really are great musicians, this song showcases that, changes that only Sadus can pull off, mid gallop stops & stutters.....Next Stevie D straps on a double Bass 10 string......and warns me that this is a long number......I call this Epic Sadus, a great feel to it, it builds, gets into a wonderful groove, backs down & gets moody.....& builds again, this was my second favorite of the night.......After a short break, Next up....Weird Sadus......changes galore, nobody can guess when, they just do it in unison.....Sadus Style.....and number 5 was what I call Sadus On The Run...........Fast, Metal, but with a nice groove, I really liked this one alot.........Hail Stevie D, he plays the Bass like some people play a guitar......he never fails to amaze me...performing his task.....he reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen........on The Bass......but he is Steve DiGiorgio, just one of the greatest Bass players I have ever seen.........The new Sadus looks like its gonna be one of their best releases to date!

Elements Of Anger:
They asked me what I wanted to hear.....so I said how about something from Elements Of Anger.......Steve hooked up his keyboard, Darrin his PA, and they played Crutch & Mask, back to back.......I really like their last studio album, & of course they obliged me......nice guys.....and a small Sadus concert for me!
Well I like to think that, actually these guys practice about 4 times a week, after dinner with their families, & I jumped in for a night. So thats how I spent Thursday night, I got my Sadus in.

The Contest:
One reason I wanted to go see them practice was to hear the new material, the other reason, so I could have them sign about 10 Thrash Of The Titans Posters, & after I have Chuck sign them.....I will again post next week:
a chance for Testament board members(5), and Steve DiGiorgio's board members(5), to get one of these limited Sadus edition TOTT posters.....all you have to do is watch the board, & when I post the giveaway.......be one of the first 5 to respond, & then Private Message me your address.......Very Simple rules...........So watch the Boards......:dopey:

SADUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:kickass:

what else can i say?
my favorite american thrash band, and DE went to their practice to give us a report!
thanks a million for that DE!!!
:headbang:

damn, i cant wait to hear the new stuff, and cant wait to see them live!

in fact.... im going to have (another) Sadus marathon today.

cheers !!!

Agression!!!!

My favorite sadus track is Fuel... don't know why ... I love it's groove and the way all hell breaks loos at the end!!!

Their music is so refreshing! I've played Eyes of Greed a couple of times with friends but there is always a part that's unplayable... if it is then it just doesn't sound right!!!

What a band!

You're a lucky guy DE...

Reactions: Deadly Embrace
toilethead said:
Awesome. Sadus are underrated... they've got some killer stuff.. Steve's a monster, they've got cool riffs, always stayed true to metal, and I dig Darren's twisted vocals...
Yes.....Underrated, true to their roots..........and so underground.......I think they are proud of that!