Sadus Practice.......Preview Of Whats To Come!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
The Scene:
I had the pleasure of going to the Sadus studio, and catching a practice.......The first I must say is that this band is highly prepared.....thats right, their bar was fully stocked, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels, 2 jugs of Wolf Vodka, 2 Souza Tequilla's, and various(lots) other bottles of different types of booze, but they were low on mixers........The Sadus studio is very comfortable & has a club feeling about it......couches & chairs.... Posters, Pirate Flags(skull & Crossbones), Sadus Backdrops, Black light neon psychedelic posters, line all the walls, top to bottom, ever growing from the years they have spent staying their......Lots of Sadus, Posters & flyers, a history of the bands moments in time.......its dark.....the ceiling has 3 black lights that give the posters life......behind the drums are a couple of colored cans of lights that set the mood.....I notice lots of Pam Anderson & Carmen Electra's, and other note worthy blonds, in different stages of undress & sexual poses......Long haired Blonds & Metal......go together like a toothbrush & your toothpaste.

The Cast:
Just Sadus.......Stevie D.....Darrin, & Jon...........and me: The audience.

The New Music:
Five totally new songs, which will be on the new album........
Since I shall not divulge their titles of these new songs(I don't want to tell secrets that I might not supposed to), I'll name them according to how I felt it. These songs had no vocals, no keyboards.......and are in different levels of completion.....The First one I call.......The Best Sadus Song I ever heard, it was different, guitar driven, Bass controlled ......fast but had a great groove.
Second was what I call Jazzy/fast Sadus song, they really are great musicians, this song showcases that, changes that only Sadus can pull off, mid gallop stops & stutters.....Next Stevie D straps on a double Bass 10 string......and warns me that this is a long number......I call this Epic Sadus, a great feel to it, it builds, gets into a wonderful groove, backs down & gets moody.....& builds again, this was my second favorite of the night.......After a short break, Next up....Weird Sadus......changes galore, nobody can guess when, they just do it in unison.....Sadus Style.....and number 5 was what I call Sadus On The Run...........Fast, Metal, but with a nice groove, I really liked this one alot.........Hail Stevie D, he plays the Bass like some people play a guitar......he never fails to amaze me...performing his task.....he reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen........on The Bass......but he is Steve DiGiorgio, just one of the greatest Bass players I have ever seen.........The new Sadus looks like its gonna be one of their best releases to date!

Elements Of Anger:
They asked me what I wanted to hear.....so I said how about something from Elements Of Anger.......Steve hooked up his keyboard, Darrin his PA, and they played Crutch & Mask, back to back.......I really like their last studio album, & of course they obliged me......nice guys.....and a small Sadus concert for me!
Well I like to think that, actually these guys practice about 4 times a week, after dinner with their families, & I jumped in for a night. So thats how I spent Thursday night, I got my Sadus in.

The Contest:
One reason I wanted to go see them practice was to hear the new material, the other reason, so I could have them sign about 10 Thrash Of The Titans Posters, & after I have Chuck sign them.....I will again post next week:
a chance for Testament board members(5), and Steve DiGiorgio's board members(5), to get one of these limited Sadus edition TOTT posters.....all you have to do is watch the board, & when I post the giveaway.......be one of the first 5 to respond, & then Private Message me your address.......Very Simple rules...........So watch the Boards......:dopey:

Cool, that is great news. I can't wait for the new album. Hope to hear some of the new stuff soon, maybe even a nice warm up concert before the guys head out for the european shows.