What kind of Bass does everyone have/ why do you think that sadus is not well known?

4 String Renegade

I have an ESP b-500. it really sucks that knowbody knows about sadus. im a really bif fan of steve. he is a fucking amazing bass player and sadus is my favorite band. i wish they would come to new york.

Bass:
Washburn XB200
80's B.C Rich Platinum Warlock
B.C Rich NJ Ironbird (DiMarzio pick ups,Aguilar OBP2 Pre amp, Badass bridge )
B.C Rich NJ Beast (Black)
B.C Rich NJ Beast (Trans Red)
ESP LTD F205
Custom Bat Bass (still underworks)

Guitar:
B.C Rich NJ Virgin

Who is sadus?

lol, jk

idk man i dident find out about them till i looked up what other bands steve played in...

carvin L-something-76 and fender amp but searching for old Acoustic Transistor amps-heard my carv with it and just smoked me away!So much attack!Just pure sound:)

It's because they don't play jazz... (anyone know if there's any cd's available by darkhall?)

Takamine TB10 electric acoustic
Alembic Custom fretless 6
'76 fretless Fender P heavily modified
2 uprights
Gibson Les Paul Triumph
others that I built

Sadus is well known...! To those who know us....they know all....!!! It's underground man, all the tape traders grew up and had kids that find the free downloads, it's out there. How do you get well known? Cd shops are almost obsolete, Mtv sucks, radio...? Does anyone listen to the radio anymore...? I think these days it's all about getting out there and touring your ass off, or getting your songs put in a video game. And we don't/haven't do/done either. The europeans have seen us often and even more so lately in the Latin Americas...but in the states...we haven't played our own country for years. That'll do it I guess, so just enjoy your little private joy called Sadus, and spread the word.

Basses? Is that the other question...? Weird combo... Anyway...
I used to be a total Ric guy, but when I went fretless I put together (not built) my own out of mostly Fender parts. And that led me to try Carvin. Now it seems I have weilded almost exclusively ESP for many years. But I'm looking for something new...fresh...exciting...

And Dark Hall cds used to be sold and mailed out. But I made available on the band's website all 5 (which is one more than the original cd) songs in good quality bps for free download, and also the front and back covers for print so anyone, if they so desired, could burn a copy and print the art and make their own little copy. Genius, eh?
SDG

...And Dark Hall cds used to be sold and mailed out. But I made available on the band's website all 5 (which is one more than the original cd) songs in good quality bps for free download, and also the front and back covers for print so anyone, if they so desired, could burn a copy and print the art and make their own little copy. Genius, eh?
SDG

Ah, ok I was just hoping there might be more...

Steve, did you ever consider playing a fretless Ric? I've heard conflicting reviews of how they sound.

I play a 2001 Hamer Standard or a custom 4-string red fretless with a Carvin neck. Need to find a job over this winter break to get the Ric I've been jonesing for.

Steve, did you ever consider playing a fretless Ric? I've heard conflicting reviews of how they sound.

I play a 2001 Hamer Standard or a custom 4-string red fretless with a Carvin neck. Need to find a job over this winter break to get the Ric I've been jonesing for.

Biggest mistake I ever made (with selling basses) was selling my custom fretless Ric. If you ever see a natural finish fretless Ric with rosewood fingerboard, it was probably mine...

And that led me to try Carvin. Now it seems I have weilded almost exclusively ESP for many years. But I'm looking for something new...fresh...exciting...
Im some how pretty convinced you picked a Carvin coz of ur Bunny Brunel influence.How about a custom SDG warwick? or the gwb bass?(btw what do u think about the gwb.im currently contemplating to buy one of those.)

Melendez 4-string fretless (Handmade with native woods). I hope to get an 6 string fretless to complete my 'Steve Bailey's' learning.

Guitars:
Epiphone les-paul
Ibanez nylon electroacustic
Yamaha keyboard

n00b poster here, long time Steve Digiorgio fan and a fan of awesome bass playing in general. I play a Douglas WOB-826 fretless 6'er, not the most "tr00" or "kVlt" bass out there by any stretch, but it's a blast to play and sounds good. I can't contribute anything more than what's been said about Sadus and being well known, so no comments there.

Basses:
Ibanez GB150
Traben Torrent 5-string
Brice Z 6-string
Peavey Millennium BXP 4-string with Dimarzio J's and a Hipshot bass trem
SX Fretless 5-string

In the process of making my own body right now. This bass will have a Status-Graphite fretless 4-string neck with an ash body and a blood splatter bloodwood top design on it.
I'm thinking Nordstrand Big Splits into an Aguilar 3-band right now on recommendation of Stew McKinsey.

Sadus ain't well known because they haven't toured the US enough.

hello everybody, this is my first post.

The basses I have now are an Ibanez GSR200 and a Dean Edge 4 fretless, both cheapos, but they feel very nice to me.

I've been using the fretless alot more lately hoping to get my ear more "in-tune" and to improve my accuracy. Also it just sounds awsome.

I've been considering building a bass for a while but I don't have an access to a woodshop or anything. I've been debating between a five string and a six string, but the only thing that bothers me about the six is the low B because of the floppiness of it. If I were to get a five string it would be with a high C because I like doing chords and arpeggiating.

You can easily alleviate the floppiness of a low B on a six-string by using a 35" or longer scale and using a high-gauge string, like a .130 gauge. Having a high-mass bridge will also improve the perceived tension of the string. Using string-thru-body is supposed to help as well, but it largely seems to be a placebo effect on the perceived tension of the string (because laws of physics would have you believe that anything past the nut, and the point where the string meets the bridge saddle, is irrelevant to the actual tension on the string...if I'm remembering correctly.)

^Exactly. Angled headstocks and string-thru bridges do not help tension. Though angled headstocks do get rid of the need for string trees. 35" scale is good enough for a Low B. 34" can still work well if you use high-tension strings such as Jamerson flats.

Ok, so Friday I received a copy of Out for Blood and heard it for the first time. Friday and yesterday I listened to it and last night, while properly blasted, I cranked it to appropriate volume levels. I am honestly quite stunned by the creativity and effort that went into these tunes, not to mention the skills.

So keeping in mind that I'm no expert on Metal in general, I have an opinion on TS's original question. Basically it's this, these tunes are too difficult and complicated for the average garage band to cover. If there were a zillion highschool bands out there covering Sadus tunes, then Sadus would be more popular and more well known. But to do these tunes well enough to really sound good requires a band that's both dedicated and talented. That's not the average garage band.

So that's my 2 cents. Also I'll leave you with this. Guess this band and you get 3 free attaboys! Give this clip a chance (don't quit after the first 30 seconds, there's some a$$ kicking in this tune). But this band was the first one that came to mind while listening to OfB...

http://www.thorbass.com/sounds/featuresp2.mp3

Is it Gentle Giant? At first I thought it was Frank Zappa, but then I heard the singer and the flute and I thought it had to be some type of Canterbury(sp?) prog stuff like Camel, or Hatfield. Then at the end he said the name of the next song "So Sincere" and I just youtube it. I basically cheated. :loco:. I've been getting more and more into the 70's prog stuff lately, there are some awsome bands from that time.

You win the prize DinoB! Yeah Giant was a pretty amazing band. I hope you understand why they came to mind listening to OfB. One thing is that each tune has enough great ideas to make 3+ tunes out of. Also not conforming to any typical Rock forms.