Remix?

Aug 14, 2008
Gonna start this thread by saying I've seen IE live 6 times and they are one of my favorite bands but...

I'm sorry, in my opinion the mix on the new album is really bad and made it completely unlistenable for me. Are there plans for a remix (as well as reamping and soundreplacing haha..)?

The mix on the new album is fine imo...I just think the whole album with the exception of a couple songs is kind of lifeless and dull and that makes it hard to get through.

I feel the same way AeonicSlumber. It's a very deep album but the mixing was pretty poor in my opinion. I also felt that the instrumentals and ballads were time fillers. The strange thing about it is that Grant Hall (who has been involved with the recording of every IE record) not only mixed it put produced it. So I am still curious what caused the drastic change in production. I don't see how Andy Sneap not being involved could have anything to do with it. DOD and BIO were both done with Grant Hall.

Personally my biggest complaint on the album is the vocals. Really the King Diamond type highs are absolutley gross, it wasn't so bad on The Scattering Of Ashes because it wasn't as frequent, but on the new one it became unbareable :erk:

I didn't mind the mix quite as much it reminded me a little of Dead Or Dreaming, but still a massive step down from the last one.

Side note: Jim Austin must return.

I would love a remix with no Falcettoes lol, cause that'll happen...

BTW "ShadowCreator"... Love the Rapture cover for your avatar, don't see that too often :p

Personally my biggest complaint on the album is the vocals. Really the King Diamond type highs are absolutley gross, it wasn't so bad on The Scattering Of Ashes because it wasn't as frequent, but on the new one it became unbareable :erk:

I didn't mind the mix quite as much it reminded me a little of Dead Or Dreaming, but still a massive step down from the last one.

Side note: Jim Austin must return.

Exactly man, the falsettos were overdone for this record. Stu Block is a hell of a singer and I love his vocals in Into Eternity but the falsettos were too frequent for my taste.

I absolutely loved The Scattering of Ashes. I just think The Incurable Tragedy is Into Eternity's worst record by far. And that's only by comparison to the other albums. Alone it's still a fucking excellent record. Just weak when you sat it beside the others. Still I think it's a work of art. Stu really doesn't bother me, I find him to extremely gifted and Into Eternity has yet to have a really bad vocalist or record. Daniel Nargang will always be my favorite singer next to Tim Roth.

Gonna start this thread by saying I've seen IE live 6 times and they are one of my favorite bands but...

I'm sorry, in my opinion the mix on the new album is really bad and made it completely unlistenable for me. Are there plans for a remix (as well as reamping and soundreplacing haha..)?

That's what happens when 3 things occur - band tours in the middle of the recording, label gives a short deadline, and label cuts mixing budget.
Considering how much time was spent all the other projects I.T. was done in only a few weeks.
I know it sounds like excuses.
But there are 2 things I must do sleep and make enough enough to eat.