Removing a Marshall 4x12 grill

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
Does anyone know if there's a way to do this that isn't permanent? I'm gonna be tracking some guitars soon and I want to have a go at it without the grill.

The last time I was at Jeff Loomis's place, he told me a story from when Nevermore was recording "Dead Heart In A Dead World" with Andy, in Texas. If I'm remembering this right, Jeff said that there was this white, limited edition series Marshall 4x12 that the studio owned, that they were going to use for tracking, and Andy wanted the grill off. I don't know if Andy actually cut the grill off or if he just pried it out, but Jeff said the owner of the studio came in right when Andy was down on the floor, peeling the grill away, and the guy just went nuts! :lol:

Slipperman said:
Put your earplugged head right up next to them and eyeball the speakers. Get a fucking flashlight and peer thru the grille. Not working out for ya? Can't see shit? Cut the fucking grille away with an exacto knife. No, I'm not kidding. Have the fucking label pay for a new fucking grille. I don't care, you want a great guitar sound or fucking not?