NTD: the albino JCM5150 + Mesa 4x12

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
New Tolex Day! Was technically on Wednesday, but I couldn't get ahold of a belt sander until Friday, so my weekend has been split between getting shloshed on festive beverages and getting this bugger sorted out! Still need 2 leather corners to complete it, and I want to replace the front 4 with brand-new ones anyways.

The other guitarist in my band picked up a Mesa 4x12 this summer, and it's decently beat up - he's been wanting to retolex his, so we decided to do both our rigs in a matching color that wasn't black. I actually ended up finding a beat-up, older (removable front-grill, not metal-grill) Mesa cabinet for cheap locally, and recovered it (anyone want to buy my other Recto cab? :oops: ). Since orange is already taken and iconic, and turquoise tolex is incredibly hard to find and a bit tacky, we decided to go with white - I think bookending the stage with our rigs will look awesome.

I wanted to get a different look on my 5150, as well, so I decided to add a beveled front plate covered in Mesa grill cloth to go with my cab, and lined with white piping. It's basically a Peavey version of a JCM head - just waiting on the logo to complete it!

Cell phone pics for now, waiting for the rain to stop and to finish the other guys' rig before taking proper shots outside.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Head.jpg

Grill.jpg

best thing about it is that you can jerk-off all over that sexy-ass cab, and no one will be able to see it...

dude i didn't know you when i did mine. haha :lol:
i really wanna...i just don't know where how you do the lights. do you have the schematics?

...by the way...how come yours have only 2 powertubes?

Hit me up via PM. Ill hit you up with the info!... ehh fuck it...lol

Edit:
Here is the LED kit I purchased for my 5150 LED Mod.
http://www.elementalled.com/brighter-waterproof-led-strip.html

All you have to do is tape it in place with 3m double stick and get the power adapter and plug for the end of it
http://www.elementalled.com/light-bar-adapter-cable.html

entire kit with power adapter ran me about $40

I went with the standard WHITE, but you can get the LED's in any color.