Replacement Speakers

Dak

mentat
Aug 9, 2008
Among the Horrors
So I got this 4x12 Carvin cabinet for free because the speakers were blown (at least I assume that is the problem because I am not getting any sound, and the wiring isn't cut or anything).

I removed one of the speakers and its a Carvin "British Series" 100W 8ohm 12" speaker. Couldn't figure out a model number, and from looking on Carvin's website they don't sell a 100W 12" 8ohm guitar speaker anymore, just general use/bass speaker in that size/power.

I've started looking on the internet at other brands but there is so much out there I am not really sure what I need. I found out about the "British" and "American" sounds, and then you have the rock speakers, classic rock sound, metal/rock, etc etc.

Anyone have any pointers on this?

Celestion Vintage 30's are the standard go-to speakers. They have a clear midrange & they will allow the amp to push the tone without coloring the sound too much. Eminence Wizards are supposed to do what V30's do but better, however.

As for me, I just ordered a Splawn Quick Rod :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: If my V30's don't sit quite right with my Quick Rod I'm going to put an Eminence AmOWar & an Eminence Governor in my Port City OS 2x12 :) Those are the Splawn standards.