Replacing my floating tremolo... what shud i buy?

lordtech

Jun 15, 2008
Brunei
Ive been using my 7 string guitar for almost 10 years. Im planning to replace it's floyd rose floating tremolo with a new one... maybe not the standard like what it have now.

Any suggestions guys? :kickass:

I've never heard of a "Bolted" bridge in my life, strange, and I spend hours each day on guitar forums. Hang on, just saw the pic, that's just a fixed bridge guitar dude:lol:
For the OP, If you want to cause yourself unnecessarily hassle, frustration and just too much money spent on it, you can change the type of tremolo.
Otherwise just be sensible and replace it with another, brand new locking trem. It's just not worth the time and effort and money getting the nut changed and all that shit.
If that doesn't work for ya, it's time for a new guitar basically.

I have to say, the Original Floyd Rose and the Schaller are the two best locking trems out. (Not sure whether Schaller makes a 7 string or not.) But it's not clear in the original post whether you are replacing a worn out bridge with a new one, or if you mean you want to go away from a floating trem. If you don't want a floating bridge, maybe try a Trem Stop, or something.

what is your GTR? Ibanez? If so you will have a hard time getting a Floyd to fit. Better off picking up another Lo-pro and trem stopping it (or blocking it)if you have too.

53Crëw;8480469 said:
I have to say, the Original Floyd Rose and the Schaller are the two best locking trems out. (Not sure whether Schaller makes a 7 string or not.) But it's not clear in the original post whether you are replacing a worn out bridge with a new one, or if you mean you want to go away from a floating trem. If you don't want a floating bridge, maybe try a Trem Stop, or something.

if u want a new one and a good one, get the original made by schaller