Just installed a Tremol-no!

schismatic

Kintsugi is coming
Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, UK
I own an Ibanez RG1570 which for those of you who are not aware has a Floyd-Rose type floating tremolo. For the past 2 years I've grown steadily out of love with it as the frustration of tuning and staying in tune for long sessions just got far too much. I even started playing my acoustic almost exclusively because of it. As you all know, being properly tuned is essential for any tight piece - bad recording, bad mix etc. Well about half an hour ago, I installed a Tremol-no in the guitar that arrived in the post this morning. The idea with this is that you can effectively lock the tremolo in so that it takes no action by swapping it out for a new one. It has thumbscrews that allow you lock it in so that it can be tuned just like a guitar with any standard bridge - to a Floyd Rose owner this is heaven! The beauty of it is that you can unlock some of the screws on the back and go back to dive mode so you can use your tremolo as designed - this thing gives you the best of both world basically. Now I can go back to using the guitar I love playing - I really love the neck and fretboard on it, a joy to play for me anyway. It was a doddle to install too, needed a screwdriver and pliers. Everything else supplied.

Right, think I might stop sounding like a f**king salesman now, but basically just wanted to recommend it to any Floyd Rose owners out there who get frustrated. Seems to have a tiny bit more sustain too - I guess this is having a more solid tremolo.

Top quality! :kickass:

I've been using tremsetters for a while. Though I more into playing hardtails now. It still lets you use the bar, but still locks the bridge into the zero position. And you can still pull back. Seems a little more beneficial than the tremol-no.

The Tremol-No will allow you to dive as well. However, it will not allow you to pull up. Even still...

I have installed Tremol-Nos on several of my old Floyd guitars because I hate Floyd bridges. They are stupid and inconvenient all so you can fucking go WEEEEEEEEEEEeeeaearerrhrhrrh. At the cost of low-end, sustain and being in tune when doing unison bends, as well as the fact that if a string breaks you are royally screwed. Fuck. That. I installed one in a friend's Warrior and all of a sudden he actually loves his guitar now. Improved the sustain and low-end noticeably and now when he breaks strings he can keep going, given that the string he broke isn't crucial. Personally, I wouldn't install a Tremol-No or a Tremsetter for anything other than to completely lock the piece of shit bridge down. If I wanted use of the bridge's purpose/design (diving, pulling up) then I would just leave the bridge alone.

~006

I really wanna get one, cuz I need at least one guitar to be able to have downward trem access, but pulling up is indeed useless to me (I'm not one for "WEEEEEEEEEEEeeeaearerrhrhrrh," so to speak, so +1 on that Mike :lol: ) However, the only thing I don't like about down-only trems is the "clunk" they make when you let them up, but I guess some squishy tape at the contact point would remedy that.

I really want a floyd for those dive bombs and classic "weeeeeeeeuroooo" old school death guitar solos.

I'm not looking forward to the string changing and out-of-tuneness though.

I didnt have any problems with Floyds not staying in tune, in fact i have always been impressed by that floyded guitars can stand for frikkin weeks without being tuned!
BUT i dont like the fact that each time you change the strings, you have to wait a day before you can play on it, because of the stringtention alters so much in those 24 hours that the guitarsetup is tottaly screwed when the strings are just changed(Because of the balance between the springtention and the strintention.).
And then its the f-ing problem with tuning floyded guitars, because when you tune one string, the total stringtention alters, causing the entire bridge to "realign" causing detune on the other strings.

Now im going to become a 100% kahler player, because i just need to slap on new strings and tune the guitar and its all done.
I dont have to take 15 minutes just for tuning, and then wait 24 hours, then retune and play some, and retune again because of further stringstreching.

P.S.
It might be good to mention that i have some serious issues with even the slightest untuned strings.

I didnt have any problems with Floyds not staying in tune, in fact i have always been impressed by that floyded guitars can stand for frikkin weeks without being tuned!
BUT i dont like the fact that each time you change the strings, you have to wait a day before you can play on it, because of the stringtention alters so much in those 24 hours that the guitarsetup is tottaly screwed when the strings are just changed(Because of the balance between the springtention and the strintention.).
And then its the f-ing problem with tuning floyded guitars, because when you tune one string, the total stringtention alters, causing the entire bridge to "realign" causing detune on the other strings.

Now im going to become a 100% kahler player, because i just need to slap on new strings and tune the guitar and its all done.
I dont have to take 15 minutes just for tuning, and then wait 24 hours, then retune and play some, and retune again because of further stringstreching.

P.S.
It might be good to mention that i have some serious issues with even the slightest untuned strings.

I got a kahler put on this RG knock-off i got made and it is definitely the shit. I would go so far as to say that it's better than some fixed bridges i've played. Palm muting sounds much better than on any other guitars i've played, especially on the higher strings.

The only problem is that they can be kinda pricey (the highest-quality ones... they have cheaper ones that aren't made as well).

yeah i never had too much of an issue with my floyd rose, out of all my guitars, included my ec500 my jackson RR floyd stays in tune the best, i use DR tight fit strings and they don't stretch too much, so changing strings with the same setup is not much of a pain. but i thought of trying the tremol no product out, just to see what difference it makes.

I got a kahler put on this RG knock-off i got made and it is definitely the shit. I would go so far as to say that it's better than some fixed bridges i've played. Palm muting sounds much better than on any other guitars i've played, especially on the higher strings.

The only problem is that they can be kinda pricey (the highest-quality ones... they have cheaper ones that aren't made as well).

Yeah, I love how they sound too(Damn sharp attack.), and if you want them to be "fixed" all you have to do is to lock it with a key(Or in my case with the Flyer; flooring the springs.).

Yeh, but I basically only play on Aria Guitars that where made during the 80's, so I get a Kahler Flyer fitted guitar for the same amount of cash you have to pay just to get a kKahler today.
The problem with the strings going out of tune isnt a big deal either, sence you just have to whack the trembar to get them in key again. :headbang:

yeah i never had too much of an issue with my floyd rose, out of all my guitars, included my ec500 my jackson RR floyd stays in tune the best, i use DR tight fit strings and they don't stretch too much, so changing strings with the same setup is not much of a pain. but i thought of trying the tremol no product out, just to see what difference it makes.

It might just be that ive had bad luck with the floyds ive messed around with.
I do also use DR's Tite-Fit(Strange that its actually not "tight".), and I still had these problems.