Just installed a tremol-no

motomoto

Mar 20, 2009
For those of you that don't have it already, or don't know what it is.
http://www.tremol-no.com/

Basically it seems to solve all floyd issues(tuning,broken strings,string changes etc.).If you have floyd and this little thing installed you can choose between floating tremolo-dive only-and hardtail. For my style of playing i'll probably use the dive only and the hardtail when i wanna change strings.Will this thing last?Only time will show:headbang:

I'll be buying one of those babies soon. My band has songs in E and Drop D and I can´t be changing guitars all the time. Just a small question... how fast can you go from floating to dive-only? is it suitable for live presentations to change tunings between songs?

Thanks

You can drop tune from E to D on a regular trem just by turning the fine tuner down?

I guess this would also be cool for recording with a trem equipped guitar, whack it in hardtail mode so you don't accidently knock the trem with your palm with rhyhm playing. Looks cool! I like the fact the guitar will stay in tune if you break a string, live thats a godsend!

I'm pretty sure that the other strings go slightly out of tune when doing this...?

Hmm possibly, in my last band I did it a few times, didn't really notice any other strings going out of tune but I guess the tremol-no ensures that dosen't happen no matter what.

Hmm possibly, in my last band I did it a few times, didn't really notice any other strings going out of tune but I guess the tremol-no ensures that dosen't happen no matter what.
True... It seems like a really neat system. Was thinking my next guitar would be a hardtail bridge, but with a tremol-no using a floyd-rose-type bridge the guitar would probably be easier to tune and would stay in tune longer as well.

http://www.allparts.uk.com/tremolno-tremolo-locking-device-p-3160.html?p=product

Here you go mate.I bought it from them as it was the cheapest i could find.
Yes if you have a floyd and break a string on stage the rest go out of tune:mad:.
I agree Shred.That problem with the palm mute is solved when you go to hard tail mode.
If you have the back plate off (meaning you can actually see the tremolo springs) then it takes you....half a sec?maybe one sec?to go from floating to dive only or hard tail.
I've been test driving this thing all day.Seems quite ok:headbang:

Thing is you have to remove the springs and the original claw,put the new claw on with the tremol-no, put the springs back and setup the guitar.Dont need to change the strings though(i didnt).Im just saying the if you want to install the tremol-no you have to do a setup aswell(basically adjust the screws that hold the claw,and bring the floyd to a straight possition)

if your floyd is already set up then all you need to do is mark where the screws were at with tape or something and bring the new claw back to that position.

Yeah man.I did that but it didnt work for me.I had to loose the screws quite a bit.The instruction clearly say though that you have to mark the original position first of all,and then do the rest.Oh well.Maybe i did something wrong:p
Damn.This thing worth it :cool:

This looks really good! i was thinking i was gonna have to give up on floyds

EDIT: If you lock the trem with tremol-no, tune the bottom string down a tone, and then tune it back up again and unlock the trem, will it be in tune?

This looks really good! i was thinking i was gonna have to give up on floyds

EDIT: If you lock the trem with tremol-no, tune the bottom string down a tone, and then tune it back up again and unlock the trem, will it be in tune?

Just tried it a couple of times.Yes it will stay in tune unless... when u r actually locking it ,if you put too much strength to tight the screws u r actually applying pressure to your bridge thus detune the guitar.

Just tried it a couple of times.Yes it will stay in tune unless... when u r actually locking it ,if you put too much strength to tight the screws u r actually applying pressure to your bridge thus detune the guitar.

thanks for trying it out for me!

When i've got some spare cash i'll be getting one of these

I ordered one. 37 € (shipping inlcluded on Ebay. New)

I play in a band with D standard and dropped C, so my question is, do i need a D-Tuna? or the fine tuner is enough to downpitcch one tone?

I don't need to change very fast between D and Drop C, even on stage we have 2 minutes to do the change.

I ordered one. 37 € (shipping inlcluded on Ebay. New)

I play in a band with D standard and dropped C, so my question is, do i need a D-Tuna? or the fine tuner is enough to downpitcch one tone?

I don't need to change very fast between D and Drop C, even on stage we have 2 minutes to do the change.

Fine tuners on an OFR can get down a full note, maybe even 1.5. Just make sure when you originally tune up to D that the fine tuner is most of the way down.