Request - string samples (I provide MIDI you provide wav)

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey
My band has very slowly (bloody final year of school) been working on an EP. For one song we've got some string samples programmed in MIDI. My friend has some samples in GarageBand (not sure if they're external samples but I thnk they are) which sound pretty decent but the attack is SO slow..takes about half a bar to get up to volume (at 190bpm this is) by which time the chord's changed ><.

If I post a midi up here can you guys run it into whatever samplers you have and post the .wav up here? (Only problem is its a 7minute song so it'll be a large wav file, I should be able to condense the actual string bits down to about 2-3 mins though). Just a nice orchestra would be good.

If this is possible great, otherwise I'm going to have to keep playing with this compressor trying to get the attack faster (by making the volume more consistent).

Thanks I'll upload them in about an hour..just need to edit the velocities (not sure if it makes much of a difference though) and condense it.

Perhaps post an mp3 up first so I can see if anything needs changing before uploading a massive .wav file? I dunno how many options are on these things.

http://www.2shared.com/file/3729984/c0a87c76/SterilityStrings.html

Lemme know if that link doesn't work

Sorry about everything seeming to repeat itself, there are subtle differences and velocity differences and I don't know how much difference those would make if I'd just paste various sections together rather than having it seamless as it is now.

Soundwise.. just a nice orchestra, attack doesn't have to be instantaneous (this is backing strings not melody or anything) but enough to get it up to near-max volume soon after each chord is played.

Yeah thats great, if you could upload a .wav of that that'd be awesome. If you could take the reverb off that'd be better though..I just like to have more control over that in the mix and also some of the reverb is spilling over (I left a 2 bar gap between each section but the reverb spills over that) and won't sound right when I cut and paste the sections.

edit: it also gets cut off at the end.