Importing external .wav samples into Kontact 3/SSD/Reaper MIDI. Possible or not?

kernelxsanders

Bam Bam Boogie Bear!
Jun 11, 2010
Tallahassee, Fl
hey guys i recently purchased SSD with a couple of expansions. despite the fact it has become the industry standard for metal samples, so far i love it. i apply each piece of the kit, but the drum tracks i write require a little bigger setup. mainly just extra bells. i have some samples of the two zilbells and LP ice bells and for the style of drums i write, they fit perfectly. but is there a way i can import those samples into the same drum instance of Kontact/SSD? or do i need to set up another MIDI instance and trigger the samples to that note? this is really bothering me and i know there HAS to be some way to do it efficiently!

ALSO, one more thing. the kit i use applies both chinas, one being the small china and the other being the big china . both are visible on the drum interface, but only the small china can be played/heard via MIDI (some midi notes in between other drum notes, for example a drum and a cymbal, are just blank, presuming thats where another sample would go). anybody know how i can be able to use/hear both chinas in the MIDI?

help would be amazing, as i am relatively new to the program and i need to be pointed in the right direction :)

EDIT: i also havent come across any snare flam samples. keep in mind these drums are programmed not live playing. how do you guys go about doing flams? or can i just put to MIDI notes side by side with different velocities?

can people with an previous versions of SSD get a free upgrade to 4? because i currently do not have 4...
If you have got 3.x version you can simply get new 4.0 for 150$ only instead of 300$. Free upgrades are not available because there are tons of new features and samples, and it makes no sense selling it only for 50$ even if you already have 3.x or early version.

well that makes sense, it's what i figured. but i recently just got 3 EX for like 35 bucks when that money was supposed to go to a traffic ticket haha. i'm always broke so i cant really afford software like the rest of you guys, but i couldnt help but take advantage of that deal.

so my best bet is just to make another MIDI track triggering those extra instruments, eh?

anybody have any ideas about the mentioned problem i am having with the china cymbals???