Requesting Theocracy songs on radio

Jacob777

Nov 22, 2011
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
So I was wondering, what songs are like, avaliable to be able to be played if I was to request a song or two. I'm guessing maybe "I Am", "Nailed", "30 Pieces" and "Martyr". Since the first three are on youtube, and I heard Martyr on Last.FM.

There's a Christian/Positive radio station that I listen to and was wanting to request some Theocracy, but didn't really know what would be legal for them to play.

Any songs are legal for radio play, from what I know. any song from any artist. If they have the actual ability to play it, its legal.

Requesting anything is legal too. If it were illegal for them to play something, they just wouldn't play it

I agree. I think they can play anything they want. The bigger hurdle would be whether or not they actually have it to be able to play it.

When each new album comes out the band gets tons of requests along the lines of "please send me an mp3 of x so that I can play it on my radio show". If your local station isn't already aware of Theocracy, they're not going to physically have the song to be able to play it.

The radio is only allowed to play radio singles from an artist. Theocracy should release some of those. 'Martyr' 'Hide in the fairytale' and 'nailed' would be my suggestions. nothing too long.....:D

The radio is only allowed to play radio singles from an artist. Theocracy should release some of those. 'Martyr' 'Hide in the fairytale' and 'nailed' would be my suggestions. nothing too long.....:D

That is 100% wrong.
Radio stations are allowed to play any song by an artist. And Martyr and Nailed are too long for radio. Hide in the Fairytale, On Eagles' Wings, The Master Storyteller, Wages of Sin, etc. would be more reasonable length.

What's all this "...too long for radio" talk? Surely any radio show intelligent enough to play metal knows it isn't 3 minute pop!

I used to listen to a Christian radio program that regularly played The Skeezix Dilemma by Tourniquet (duration 10 minutes) and occasionally dared to broadcast Ancient Prophecy by Mortification (duration 11 min. 40) and The Unnatural Conception: The Birth & the Massacre of the Innocents by Paramaeceum (duration 17 minutes). AND in another thread someone said they'd heard Laying the Demon to Rest on the radio.

What kind of radio are you guys listening to?!?

Not true. Stairway To Heaven is not a single :D. It gets played a lot.

Coo, thanks for the input yall. It's like an alternative christian station, so I think ima have to go with Bethlehem. I doubt they'll have it though. Still gonna ask, ya never know. Could lead them to start playing a little more variety of stuff/a little heavier music.