Requesting your recommendations

arc_avalo

Rosso Drago
Apr 30, 2005
Blountsville, AL
I would love to find more bands that are similar to:

1.Eighteen Visions' singing style featured in their songs "You Broke Like Glass" and "I Don't Mind" (I'm talking about the nice, clean vocals, and not the screaming.)

2.Beyond the Embrace's singing style featured in their songs "Fleshengine Breakdown", "My Fall", "Redeemer", and "Absent".

3.Diecast's heavy pause-riffs featured in their songs "Medieval", "Desensitized", "Pendulum" and "Fire/Damage".

4.Coal Chamber's heavy stylings in "Tyler's Song", "Something Told Me", "Loco" and "Big Truck".

5.Fear Factory's heavy pause-riffs in "Slave Labor" and "Terminate",or their melodious harmonics in "Bite the Hand that Bleeds"

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

GoD, I think you should close this thread now before people get all excited about bitching another crap metal lover.

I suggest checking out the new Lincoln Park Jz album. It's gay but it might be right up your alley.

arc_avalo said:
I would love to find more bands that are similar to:

1.Eighteen Visions' singing style featured in their songs "You Broke Like Glass" and "I Don't Mind" (I'm talking about the nice, clean vocals, and not the screaming.)

2.Beyond the Embrace's singing style featured in their songs "Fleshengine Breakdown", "My Fall", "Redeemer", and "Absent".

3.Diecast's heavy pause-riffs featured in their songs "Medieval", "Desensitized", "Pendulum" and "Fire/Damage".

4.Coal Chamber's heavy stylings in "Tyler's Song", "Something Told Me", "Loco" and "Big Truck".

5.Fear Factory's heavy pause-riffs in "Slave Labor" and "Terminate",or their melodious harmonics in "Bite the Hand that Bleeds"

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Well first, you should start with listening to better bands and better metal. The ones I will suggest are not top quality metal, but are easy to get into and can lead you to better bands:

Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Devildriver, Iced Earth, Cradle of Filth, ... And Oceans.

After these bands, get into really good metal and I suggest you start with these bands:
Exodus, Nevermore, Testament, Blood red throne, Strapping Young lad, Behemoth, Bloodbath, Dark Tranquilty ( especially the first albums ), Decapitated, Susperia, Dimmu Borgir (though people will disagree this one), Overkill, Psycroptic, Quo Vadis, Martyr, Capharnaum, Necrophagist, Wintersun

You can also search by your own...

If you're interested into Black metal, I'm not an expert like a lot of people here but I'll name these:
Blut Aus Nord
Summoning
Deathspell Omega
Nehema
Wood of Ypres
Agalloch (kinda black metal)
Early Satyricon
Arcturus
Borknagar (althouth they are more viking/folk metal)

For your information, I've listened to every metal band I've heard about and I only download from the bands I LIKE. Arch Enemy has a few songs I like, Children of Bodom, ...And Oceans, and Cradle of Filth play totally messy, goth stuff (which I don't like). Iced Earth is cool, and Devildriver is one of my favorite bands.

arc_avalo said:
For your information, I've listened to every metal band I've heard about and I only download from the bands I LIKE. Arch Enemy has a few songs I like, Children of Bodom, ...And Oceans, and Cradle of Filth play totally messy, goth stuff (which I don't like). Iced Earth is cool, and Devildriver is one of my favorite bands.
Wow, you have no idea what you talk about. CoB and ...and oceans=goth stuff?:lol:

For you information, you need to listen to more bands, or stop listening to metal.

I think the only metal bands you listen to are:

Metallica
Iron Maiden
In Flames
Arch Enemy

And that's because they are BLASTED ALL OVER THE GODDAMN RADIO(and hot topic)!

Cythraul said:
Don't listen to Summoning or Demilich; Listen to Gorguts.
Which songs would you recommend me to listen first? I only listened to Obscura (the song) but it isn't really my thing. Do they have better songs?