Classic albums re-recorded?

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
well Testament did such a great job on their First strike still deadly CD that I was wondering about which old albums would sound great with a proper production and beefed up guitars etc. These are the ones I would like to see.

Megadeth - Killing is my Business...

Imagine this with a decent sound so that we can at least hear the music properly and Dave isn't so bad at singing as he was on this album. OK some of you say he sucks at singing now too as well as then but at least he can play better plus the original has one of the worst sounds I have ever heard on a thrash album. I know they recently remastered it but its not the same as a proper re-record with beefed up guitar is it?

Metallica - ..And justice for all.

everyone know the production on the drums and bass is truly abysmal on this!! Imagine if Metallica re-recorded and made it sound crystal clear like on the Black album but with the great riffs and spectacular riff workouts on AJFA? problem is this ain't ever ever gonna happen cuz Metallica are just gone into another domain and probably don't even realise they ever used to actually be a metal band!!

Iron maiden - s/t.

Fantastic songs but truly piss weak sound that would be great updated and with Bruce singing the songs. This would perhaps be the best of the bunch. Many Maiden fans would love for this to happen but i doubt once again whether they can be arsed.

Death - Scream Bloody gore

Ok this maybe sacrlilege to some to even consider touching an old classic and it ain't even gonna happen as Chuck is gone from us but can you imagine if the album was re-recorded with today's Death sound and not the very thin sound that it originally had? These songs would be a to better and maybe you actually hear the riffs better rather it being a blur at times. Obviously this is just a dream of mine and it ain't ever gonna happen unfortunately.

King diamond - Them

this is my favourite KD album of all and the production on the remaster is OK but these maginficent songs would sound much much better given 2002 production values. I would love to see KD actually re-record someof the old classics (Testament style) from his first 3-4 albums with nice fat guitars and not the old 80s style production jobs. The only prob;lem is King's voice was better than it is now so he might not sound as good as back them but the music would be way more heavy!

Manowar - any old songs

again a Testament style re-record job. Manowar have some of the worst production is the history of metal on their early albums but the songs are cool. They could re-record 15 old classics with sound like that on Warriors of the world and it would be really cool for the Manowarriors.

what do you people think? Any more cool old albums worth re-recording?

I thought King Diamond's "The Eye" had much worse production than "Them". Hm. Oh well. I like Them the way it is.

...And Justice For All could use a lot of work but I think Metallica should just call it a day instead of playing around anymore. They'll only do it if Lars thinks he can make any money out of it then he'll ban all of the old copies and force everyone to buy new ones.

I would most definitely love to see Suffocation's "Breeding The Spawn" re-recorded, using their sound from "Pierced From Within" and their "Despise The Sun" EP. Its still a great CD, but the muddiness kinda takes away from the music a bit and lessens the overall atmosphere. Defiance "Product of Society" would sound absolutely killer re-recorded with Testament's sound on "First Strike", to me. Pestilence "Malleus Malleficarum" needs a new recording job, as the guitars are a little too thin and the bass is practically scooped out of the mix. Thats about all I can think of, but most definitely would love to see that Suffocatin re-recorded.

Yeah I like the sound of Killing Is My Business. Plus the fact that Dave Mustaine is unable to play guitar anymore makes the re-recording less likely.

I'm not really for re-recording classics. I like what Hypocrisy did, redoing a few of their older songs, but part of what makes a classic are the time and circumstances surrounding the recording.

The remastered version of Iced Earth's classic.....Night Of The Stormrider!!!!!

921012.jpg

Iron Maiden have re-recorded some of the songs of their first album with Bruce on vocals and released them as B-sides. I didn't think the versions they did of Charlotte the Harlot and Prowler were as good as the originals.

Re-recording mostly sucks. Some album need remastering though. Like Megadeth did with Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good. They made the sound better but didn't ruin it with clickety click triggered drums or a new slick guitar sound.

If someone could for the love of God make the first few Black Sabbath albums audible, I would love them for eternity.