Albums you wish you could Re-Record / Re-Mix / Re-Master

Eh, I agree with him, the guitar tone is a crock of fucking shit.
Ultra mid scooped garbage for the fucking lose:puke:
The amp Dimebag used was just pure shit anyway, Randall solid state crap.
Honestly when I hear ultra mid scooped tones, I just think the person that dialed in the tone has severe hearing damage, because when you get massive hearing damage you lose lots of highs and lows and need to mid scoop things to make it sound normal to them.
I love Vulgar Display, it'll always be in my heart, but the guitar tone alone makes it an album I can barely listen to anymore and even then only at low volumes otherwise that woofy, screechy guitar tone just gives me a headache.

Eh, I agree with him, the guitar tone is a crock of fucking shit.
Ultra mid scooped garbage for the fucking lose:puke:
The amp Dimebag used was just pure shit anyway, Randall solid state crap.
Honestly when I hear ultra mid scooped tones, I just think the person that dialed in the tone has severe hearing damage, because when you get massive hearing damage you lose lots of highs and lows and need to mid scoop things to make it sound normal to them.
I love Vulgar Display, it'll always be in my heart, but the guitar tone alone makes it an album I can barely listen to anymore and even then only at low volumes otherwise that woofy, screechy guitar tone just gives me a headache.

No offense mate, but I think you are the one with the hearing damage! :heh:
"The guitar tone is a crock of fucking shit" and "Ultra mid scooped garbage for the fucking lose:puke:" is coming from someone who has just finished their 10th bong, or who has just turned 21 or both!
Gotta laugh at those adjectives mate, oh, and please post a tone of yours that sounds better than the Vulgar tone. According to you it should be the easiest thing on earth, any tube amp and a $3.00 mic should do it. :loco:

No offense mate, but I think you are the one with the hearing damage! :heh:
"The guitar tone is a crock of fucking shit" and "Ultra mid scooped garbage for the fucking lose:puke:" is coming from someone who has just finished their 10th bong, or who has just turned 21 or both!
Gotta laugh at those adjectives mate, oh, and please post a tone of yours that sounds better than the Vulgar tone. According to you it should be the easiest thing on earth, any tube amp and a $3.00 mic should do it. :loco:

Well as far as I see it, there's gotta be a reason why pretty much everything nowadays has a lot more mids than the days of Pantera and And Justice for All and Master of Puppets and all that.
Whenever I listen to Ride The Lightning, I just kinda get disappointed with the guitar tone on AJFA, because RTL just sounded bigger and warmer and more pleasing to my ear. And fuck for 1984, that was some fucking tone man.
To me, really good guitar is stuff like KSE's End Of Heartache, This Godless Endeavor, Dead Heart, Watershed by Opeth, the Way of All Flesh by Gojira.
Just a few examples there. All have much more mids in the guitars than Vulgar and to me it sounds warmer, fuller, more lively and more balanced.
Fuck, I even like the Rust In Peace tone a lot better, and that wasn't the greatest tone ever, such is my dislike of the tone on Vulgar.
No where did I say it's easy to get a good tone, don't put words in my mouth dude. Read my post, it didn't say that at all.
All I was saying is that I think it's a terrible tone and it's because of those kinda tones you walk into guitar stores and some kid is sitting there with the Line 6 Spider with the mids on zero and everything else on 10, because they heard Pantera and thought it was brutal tone.
Anyway, it's like that whole Kirk Hammett argument too "Oh, you bash his lack of good vibrato, but you're not the one on stage playing to millions of people".
Just because you don't have someone's level of success or whatever doesn't meant you cannot be critical of something.
I loved Dimebag's playing, hated his tone, purely and simply and personally I'd love to see Pantera songs reinterpreted with a more mid rangey tone.
Agree to disagree cos we are just gonna go around in circles.

And shit, I am actually nearly 21:lol::lol:

Well as far as I see it, there's gotta be a reason why pretty much everything nowadays has a lot more mids than the days of Pantera and And Justice for All and Master of Puppets and all that.
Whenever I listen to Ride The Lightning, I just kinda get disappointed with the guitar tone on AJFA, because RTL just sounded bigger and warmer and more pleasing to my ear. And fuck for 1984, that was some fucking tone man.
To me, really good guitar is stuff like KSE's End Of Heartache, This Godless Endeavor, Dead Heart, Watershed by Opeth, the Way of All Flesh by Gojira.
Just a few examples there. All have much more mids in the guitars than Vulgar and to me it sounds warmer, fuller, more lively and more balanced.
Fuck, I even like the Rust In Peace tone a lot better, and that wasn't the greatest tone ever, such is my dislike of the tone on Vulgar.
No where did I say it's easy to get a good tone, don't put words in my mouth dude. Read my post, it didn't say that at all.
All I was saying is that I think it's a terrible tone and it's because of those kinda tones you walk into guitar stores and some kid is sitting there with the Line 6 Spider with the mids on zero and everything else on 10, because they heard Pantera and thought it was brutal tone.
Anyway, it's like that whole Kirk Hammett argument too "Oh, you bash his lack of good vibrato, but you're not the one on stage playing to millions of people".
Just because you don't have someone's level of success or whatever doesn't meant you cannot be critical of something.
I loved Dimebag's playing, hated his tone, purely and simply and personally I'd love to see Pantera songs reinterpreted with a more mid rangey tone.
Agree to disagree cos we are just gonna go around in circles.

And shit, I am actually nearly 21:lol::lol:

What about the bongs! :lol:
Alls cool, just those nasty descriptive words, and "Randall solid states are shit" comments suggest you have a keen ear. I could accept "dimes tone aint the best" or something like that, but to write what you did, suggested you had ample back up in submitting your own tones to put your babbling to rest. :)

What about the bongs! :lol:
Alls cool, just those nasty descriptive words, and "Randall solid states are shit" comments suggest you have a keen ear. I could accept "dimes tone aint the best" or something like that, but to write what you did, suggested you had ample back up in submitting your own tones to put your babbling to rest. :)

Haven't had a bong in few months actually:lol:
Never really been a fan of the old Randall solidstates.
You're right, I was a bit harsh with my wording, but cut me some slack, I've been awake non stop since 12pm yesterday:loco::lol:

Well i don´t know why then Pantera was so popular mainly because their guitar sound, it doesn´t sound like shit, it just sound different, a lot of people tried to achieve that sound, i think it fit perfectly and that is Pantera´s trademark sound, personally i like it a lot.

Petro, you going to Cannibal tomorrow night?

I couldn't get tickets. I owed my mom money for some guitar stuff I needed desperately (new active pickups and all that crap associated with switching a passive pickup guitar to active, I have to use her credit card for paypal and she expects I her back in cash) and my guitar student canceled a lesson for that week as well:cry:
It's shitting me bad, because they are one of the bands that helped me appreciate death metal.

I couldn't get tickets. I owed my mom money for some guitar stuff I needed desperately (new active pickups and all that crap associated with switching a passive pickup guitar to active, I have to use her credit card for paypal and she expects I her back in cash) and my guitar student canceled a lesson for that week as well:cry:
It's shitting me bad, because they are one of the bands that helped me appreciate death metal.

OK then, I have a plan. Go get a balaclava, put it on, head down to your nearest bottle "o", walk out with 2 slabs of Coopers best extra stout, meet me outside the billboard tomorrow, (I'll be the ugly cunt with no hair and a long goatee, oldest one there) and Ill give you $65.00

or

put that balaclava on again, walk down your street, find a house with no lights on, enter, take plasma or lcd, go to cash converters tomorrow morning, where they'll give you $50 bucks (cheap cunts), meet me outside the billboard and I'll lend ya 15! Coppers wont get ya till next week! Trust me!

OK then, I have a plan. Go get a balaclava, put it on, head down to your nearest bottle "o", walk out with 2 slabs of Coopers best extra stout, meet me outside the billboard tomorrow, (I'll be the ugly cunt with no hair and a long goatee, oldest one there) and Ill give you $65.00

or

put that balaclava on again, walk down your street, find a house with no lights on, enter, take plasma or lcd, go to cash converters tomorrow morning, where they'll give you $50 bucks (cheap cunts), meet me outside the billboard and I'll lend ya 15! Coppers wont get ya till next week! Trust me!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think I'd have about 55 bucks at the most tomorrow, not enough:cry: And that's if my mate who owes me 50 bucks even brings the money.