If you could Re-Mix/Re-Master ...

I would sneak into 80s thrash recordings and TURN THE GODDAMN MIDS BACK UP. No, your guitars don't need to sound like bees flying into aluminum foil... seriously.

Jeff

Oh yeah, even though I know its like 6 years past the cutoff or something, I seriously would love a chance to remix Solitude Aeturnus' "Downfall" cd ... I don't know what happened to that one but damn it sounds bad. Some killer tunes on there but the sound is just awful

oh and going back to something earlier ... "Hammerheart" from Bathory ... I swear that thing sounds like you're always listening to it on ripped speakers. Must be the 90s version of Death Magnetic

I always wished that a guy could somehow average out the guitar tones on Melissa and Oath, so Melissa would have more crunch and Oath would have more body. I really like the bass and drums on Oath, though. Kim Ruzz is totally underrated.

i've been listening to The Oath constantly the past month driving to and from the studio. The mixes are a little unbalanced , kicks a bit low at times and the cymbals way back in the mix, but what an amazing album.

i've been listening to The Oath constantly the past month driving to and from the studio. The mixes are a little unbalanced , kicks a bit low at times and the cymbals way back in the mix, but what an amazing album.

Hell yes! That's the album that got me into King Diamond. "Dangerous Meeting" was the first song I ever played/recorded myself on a borrowed 4-track. :) Wouldn't change a thing on those albums.

are you on crack? those albums, especially the Oath still sound great to me.

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love those albums. I just imagined what songs like Doomed by the living dead and Nuns have no fun would have sounded like if they were recorded yesterday. I guess I misspoke about the mix, because what I was really referring to is mainly the guitar tone and kick sound etc, not the mixing of them.

Btw, while on the topic of King Diamond, I would like to say that Sleepless Nights is such a kickass song. Every time that opening riff comes on an explosion of adrenaline ensues....love it!:kickass:

Some of the old heavy metal albums such as early Mercyful Fate/King Diamond ones have certain magic that would be lost if remixed to more modern sound. The old sound is evil! Lots of reverb and atmosphere that rarely is found on modern dry sounding albums.
I love a lot of the old stuff like Black Sabbath etc, only would remix some levels of those albums, as most of the King Diamond/MF albums have vocals very high in the mix

doomed and nuns wernt actually on the original versions of those two albums were they? I love the snare and toms on the oath, and just the playing in general. Kind of reminds me of sin after sin era Priest.

doomed and nuns wernt actually on the original versions of those two albums were they? I love the snare and toms on the oath, and just the playing in general. Kind of reminds me of sin after sin era Priest.

On the versions I have they don't have doomed and nuns.. I think they're taken from "Mercyful Fate" EP aka "Nuns have no Fun" as bonus tracks.. Awesome songs. You can really hear how much early Metallica is infuenced by that.
Andy please do all you can to be the man to mix the upcoming King/MF records, no offence to Andy LaRocque's productions but they're way too dry and flat compared to classic stuff like Abigail!!!

On the versions I have they don't have doomed and nuns.. I think they're taken from "Mercyful Fate" EP aka "Nuns have no Fun" as bonus tracks.. Awesome songs. You can really hear how much early Metallica is infuenced by that.
Andy please do all you can to be the man to mix the upcoming King/MF records, no offence to Andy LaRocque's productions but they're way too dry and flat compared to classic stuff like Abigail!!!

Hear hear!!!