Residence Inn - Midtown/17th

LunaTEKKE

Madness Reigns
Mar 23, 2006
Hi Gang - I just got a tip from another PP attendee that she was able to get a reservation online at the Residence Inn near the venue by selecting the *Wednesday* before the festival as the checkin date. (If you select a Thursday checkin, it still shows no availability).

I'm a little aggravated at the Residence for the price-gouging over the years, but I do like the amenities there, so I have switched my reservation over. Prices were in the $210-230 per night range.

Just curious on why my reply to this thread was deleted? I don't recall it being abrasive or demeaning in the least. Just a opinion like everyone else. We all can't think alike can we? Theres always other options aren't there?

mëtålspëd;7990709 said:
Why dont you leave the existing reservation alone, and simply make a new reservation for 1 night?? :)

Because sometimes you get that first night and not the rest.
Or, you get that first night and then have to change rooms. Both have happened to me over the years.
I will just settle it with them over the next couple of months. Just felt happy to get reservations when I did.

Cool. I like the hotel and especially the proximity to the venue. The cost is what it is since a business has to make money. Being able to get a room at the hotel means I will make a return trip to the festival.