Rest in Peace Ronnie James Dio - metal legend

on the zealots mentioned above: there will always be lunatics in this world, some places do seem to produce them in larger quantities, though... I still think the best thing we can do it to ignore their attempts to get publicity

i hope the security at Dio's funeral will deal with this quietly and discretly to let things go on with the dignity he deserves

A few words from Scott Warren

DIO / HEAVEN & HELL keyboardist Scott Warren has issued the following statement in the wake of Ronnie James Dio's passing:

"How can I express what 17 years next to Ronnie now means to me? He has led me on an incredible journey. I have been blessed by his presence, and his voice. He was my surrogate father, my brother, my friend, my teacher AND my loyal advocate. Our fearless leader. He never let us down. He was never not out to prove it. Because he 'WAS' it. Just a class act. Life without him will never be the same. Yet it is not because of these things that I know he IS in Heaven. But that's another story.

I will miss you, my dear friend. RJD RIP"

HEAVEN & HELL drum and bass technicians Andre Bargmann and Terry Welte toured the world for several years with the famous metal band fronted by the late Ronnie James Dio and also featured fellow BLACK SABBATH legends Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums).

KPLR-TV, channel 11, is a television station in St. Louis, Missouri, spoke with Bargmann and Terry Welte, who describe a side of the singer that many might not know about.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bl...bermouth+(Blabbermouth.net's+Daily+Headlines)

Is it just me who cannot get the video to work?

it is not anyones place to say someone else is gong to hell. that protest is wrong. i believe in hell but i don't believe i can say for sure that someone else is going there. those people really need to get a clue and do other things... you know churchy stuff like feeding the starving children all over the world XD i'm a metal noob and i don't know who this guy is but protesting a funeral is total gayness!

MANOWAR will honor the legacy of RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) with Magic - A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio.

Bassist Joey DeMaio said: "Heavy metal has lost a great artist and a true gentleman. I had the privilege of being his friend and I, along with other friends and admirers, wish to honor him."

In addition to Manowar, the musical salute to the man who inspired heavy metal musicians all over the world, features performances by HOLYHELL, METALFORCE, AWAKEN, AVIGAL, CROSSWIND, DEAN CASCIONE, HARLET, and more.

The enhanced CD, part one of a two-part tribute, will feature new interpretations of classics like 'Holy Diver', 'Heaven & Hell', 'I Speed At Night' and 'Catch The Rainbow' among others.

For more info visit Manowar.com.

HEAVEN & HELL drum and bass technicians Andre Bargmann and Terry Welte toured the world for several years with the famous metal band fronted by the late Ronnie James Dio and also featured fellow BLACK SABBATH legends Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums).

KPLR-TV, channel 11, is a television station in St. Louis, Missouri, spoke with Bargmann and Terry Welte, who describe a side of the singer that many might not know about.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bl...bermouth+(Blabbermouth.net's+Daily+Headlines)

Is it just me who cannot get the video to work?

Try it from here guys

http://www.bravewords.com/news/139861

they are right...actually if it were not for Dio - and others' like him and Ozzy- none of us would be here because they sort of invented metal they way we understand it today...
it is just too easy to lose the historical perspective and take things for granted believing metal has 'always' been the way it is...