Returning to Metal

Duuuuh

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm Duuuuh. Since I grew up I've enjoyed metal in the many different forms over the years. 80s hair bands, classic metal, industrial, power metal, the list goes on. The problem is that I sampled it for the most prt and never really delved deep into the lesser know bands and songs.

For a long time I had changed myself to appeal to the people around me very few people enjoyed metal for what it is pure and simple where I've lived. Recently I've been going through some rough personal times and these are the times I turn to metal the most to achieve an emotional catharsis.

I want to really go from just someone who enjoys casually to truly exploring not only the roots but the fruits born from so many brilliant minds over the decades. I would greatly appreciate any listening suggestions you all have as I'm eagerly opening pandora's box of musical bliss.

For the most part I love classic rock, '80s metal, '90s grunge and industrial. I'm currently exploring power metal via Rhapsody of Fire. I enjoy Fear Factory, Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Cannibal Corpse, Godsmack, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Ozzie and Sabbath, Hell, even Gwar.

I realize that some of these bands may not be considered metal depending on personal opinion. My mind though is clay to be shaped by the powerful and haunting melodies I hope to listen to suggested by none other than you.

Please enlighten my fellow Metal Bretheren and Sisteren.

Cheers!
Duuuuh

Hello Duuuuh,

Since I got my sirius-xm satellite radio I have been turned on to so much new metal. I think it's like $12 per month and they even have it online. I have a portable one, but would not recommend it. Anyway, I think you and I are alot alike. I feel like a teenage kid again when I am listening to all this new metal, as it heals me as well. I do not have an easy life, but compared to some, I guess being alive and not losing anyone is a really great thing. If you get a chance, check out my facebook page I just started at www.facebook.com/metalbiz and like us. It's not the greatest one out there, but I try to spread the metal. Hope things get better. If you do get satellite, the best channels are 38 for classic rock and 40(Liquid Metal) for things like Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse.

Jonnyrotten