which amp sim?

• Revalver

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Pod Farm Platinum

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters

MetalJonesy

more metal, more booze!!!
Im getting some money thru for an injury claim, and im already getting an SM7, but could do with a decent amp sim, ive got podfarm already, but im after something versitile for demo tracking and DI tracking.

is it worth upgrading podfarm for the other amp models, or do i go with revalver?

Ohhh tough, I just bought Platinum myself just like 3-4 days ago. Honestly either one would be cool but PODfarm seems way more versatile. You get bass amps, tons more effects, etc. Plus even though I really love the sound of MKIII and don't think anything else comes as close, MKIII was quite buggy for me unfortunately. PODfarm hasn't given me a single issue yet in the 3 months or so I've been using it consistently.

Oh, and by the way. You can purchase PODfarm Platinum licenses from this eBay dealer for $129+$25 iLok transfer fee.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290337701588

That's who I purchased from and had my license within the hour deposited to iLok.

I didn't really like either, and went with TH1. It seems I'm like the only one here who uses it though.

I just fell in love with my POD Farm again after long time using other modelling software. I still prefer the freeware VSTs for rythm guitars, but for leads, bass, clean guitars... It's still my nº1 choice. It's so versatile...

Personally I feel Revalver sounds more realistic, and the tweaking of the power tubes etc is pretty cool. But Podfarm is waayyyyyyy more versatile. The Triple Rec model is awesome.

POD Farm.
I like Revalver, but in the end I did not end up buying it and I just use 8505 for my 6505/5150 style duties, so I just ended up deleting Revalver off my PC.

I didn't really like either, and went with TH1. It seems I'm like the only one here who uses it though.

Nope, here's another (Triode TH1). I used almost every amp sim so far - Line6-stuff didn't do it for, as well as Guitar Rig. Both sound artificial to me...I discovered that TH1 has by far the best recto sim and just Revalver can hold it almost up concerning authenticate reproduction of amps for me.

i own Podfarm but not yet the platinum. I have revalver MKII as well. Yes, podfarm is wayyy much versatile compared to mkIII.

Revalver sounds more "organic" IMO, you can tweak it to fuck.
Pod Farm Platinum has endless amps with one tone each.
Both are versatile in different ways.
I would probably pick Revalver if I had to choose one, but I own both and I use them for different things...

well i currently own podfarm and im pleased with what it can do, but need a varied tone (the bogener and peavey sound really).

Id have to say that the the fact it doesnt drain too much on the CPU is ideal and ive had no issues with the standard version which i have used many instances of in sessions without trouble!

cheers for the replys guys, much appreciated, looks like Pod Farm Platinum it will be

Oh and Mike, cheers for that link, hopefully ill have the money real soon so i can go ahead!

I just fell in love with my POD Farm again after long time using other modelling software. I still prefer the freeware VSTs for rythm guitars, but for leads, bass, clean guitars... It's still my nº1 choice. It's so versatile...

Agree. It is very very good - but I do prefer some of the freeware nowadays to the onboard models in PodFarm.

Whoa, things have changed. It wasn't long ago when everyone was praising Rev MKIII over the Line6 stuff. Whatever happened to the "distinct pod fizz", "plastic tone" and most of all, the "processed sound?" Attack Attack? ;)

I still prefer Revalver for metal rhythm tones, if I have to use a sim. It sounds much more like a real amp to my ears. PodFarm, on the other hand, has excellent delays and I end up using it for lead tones every now and then.