Review: 4/21 Glenside PA

Meedleyx10

Dec 20, 2003
I'm omnipresent
A very good night indeed...lets start with that bad parts....so that way we can end on a good note :)

34 MINUTE SET LIST!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH :yell:

Inferno
Wicked
Communion and the Oracle
Awakenings
Of Sins and Shadows

Me, my drummer (v013c54nd51gn5 on these boards) and our bassist went. Now, the show was great, excelleny performances by all 5 members and the sound wasnt too bad (during communion and the oracle there was a horrible problem with the bass being WAYY too loud....it was seriousley painful how much it rattled our insides). At times, the vocals and guitar shoulda been louder, but overal it wasnt too bad. Performances were flawless, as to be expected....especially on Of Sins and Shadow...they changed the last KEy/guitar harmony in the solo section and it was awesome. Great crowd interraction by Russel...here is a transricpt of a conversation wiht an audience member (maybe not word for word but you know)..

Russel: *vocal solo in WIcked (first time)
Fan; That was hot!!1

band stops

Russel: Did i just sing something that made me hot?
Fan: random yelling
Russel: we are in philly right? i want to make sure we are on the right coast...
fan: yells back:
Russel: Well if you think im hot, then i think your hot too (sexy voice)

lol good stuff...then he did two more vocal solos

Now comes the best part. We left right after SX played (school next day and weve seen QR before). While walking back to the car, i jokingy say (or maybe my drummer said it, i dont rememner) "hey maybe the band is hanging out in that dark alley back there"....then i was like wait a minute....thats fucking Michael Romeo! :OMG:

SO we walked up and chatted for a good 10-15 minutes probably. He was just as bummed out abot the short set as we were and we talked about stuff like the new album, the tour, other bands (had a DT conv....tot came up). Talked aobut gear technique, told him about our band. He seemed pretty impressed and thought it was cool when we told him we were covering Sea of Lies and some other stuff. Hes a really cool guy and it was a pleasure meeting him. Its really cool to meet one of your idols and even cooler when tehy talk to you like friend and not a celebrity, relaly down to eath and awesome guy.

I tihkn that just aobut covers it (htoughi know im missing something)....oh well im sure my drummer will post some corrections in the next...oh ..say... 2 mintues :D

i was laughing my ass off when (before the show) the random guy was saying stuff like ... go buy stuff, and get drinks, blah blah blah and whos gonna be there in the next few weeks and all that crap. well the funny part comes in that he had the crappiest/slowest/dullest/funniest voice ever. he might have played that tree from Lord of the Rings. bad, but funny as hell. he was like, you can sign up for our mailing list on our website or by snaaaaaaaiiiillllllll mmmmmaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiillll. godammit it took him a half hour to get that out. funny funny. im ashamed to say that i washed my hands after shaking MJR's hand. i dont know what i was thinking. sorry, it wont happen again. jason's drumming was frkn awesome, he mighta dropped 1 or 2 sticks in inferno, but it wasnt very noticable at all. the guy is amazing. even though the set was short, i still loved it. quality, not quantity. cant wait to see 'em again.

I was effing pissed. We got in at about 8:20, and he says, "OK, we've got one more..." I was just like, "F*CK!" QR should've just cut out all the new garbage they did and let SX play another 20-30 minutes. In fact, they should've just played "Eyes of a Stranger" and let SX do a 2+ hour set.

Rifugium said:
I was effing pissed. We got in at about 8:20, and he says, "OK, we've got one more..." I was just like, "F*CK!" QR should've just cut out all the new garbage they did and let SX play another 20-30 minutes. In fact, they should've just played "Eyes of a Stranger" and let SX do a 2+ hour set.

:tickled:

no, they could of played JET CITY WOOOOOOOOOMMMMMAAAAANNN along with that and gave symph x 1:55 hour set

Well, DT came up when i mentioned i had just seen them two weeks before. He was like" htose guys are awesome, im sure it was a great show" and then i asked him what he thought of train of thought he said "ive honestly only listened to it once, maybe twice....i like that its heavier and its a new direction and its cool that they are doing that" Of course he said that he was a bigger fan of I&W and that that was one of the best albums out there. SO basically what i gather is he liked it, just not necessarily as much as their other stuff.

i was like ... WHERES RULLO?!?!?:cry: but 1 outa 5 ain't bad. .... yeah. (i didnt actually say that cuz i didnt wanna look like an ass) Romeo was really *down-to-earth* (wasnt that a chris rock movie?) and aprreciates his fans. that rules.