Review of Iron Maiden in Stockholm

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
Review of my concert with Iron Maiden - June 28 in Stockholm Stadion:

I arrived to Stockholm Stadion with some friends in the great heat of this warm Stockholm summer day.
After 3 hours of anxious waiting the gates opened and we went in to the concert arena.
We managed to find a pretty good place to stand and we were waiting for it to begin, Maiden drummer Nicko had already been on the stage for a short moment leaving with an enormous amount of appreciation from the crowd.
Some hours later the opening act Murder Dolls entered the stage.
Everybody, including me had a great hate for them and as their set just begun they had a big part of the crowd pointing "fuck-you" signs to them.
They tried and achived some hypocrit ways to get the crowd to react including "scream for us and Iron Maiden" and "What do you think of Heavy Metal?" trying to convince the crowd that they were infact Heavy Metal.
At the end the singer tried ways like "I know you hate us but fuck you" getting all the fuck-you signs to be a part of the show and he eventually wound up looking almost broken down by the audience response.
And yes, i was one of the vulgar fuck-you pointers ;)

Well, after some great laughs on Murder Dolls behalf and some sitting on the stadium floor to make our backs hurt less, finally the words "Reckon the number of the beast" came out of the speakers.
The crowds reaction and noise was enormous when Iron Maiden started playing and everybody ran and jumped around constantly.
Song highlights were Revelations, The Trooper, The Clairvoyant and of course, Fear of The Dark.
The crowds singing was great at all the choruses, leaving Dickinson almost unhearable at times.
The 2 funniest things that happened during the concert:
- At one point, Bruce was trying to talk and inbetween his sentences people were chanting "Maiden" and clapping constantly.
He just sat down and laughed and it looked like he had no words that could come out of his mouth, i bet he was pretty touched by how much the audience love the band.
- At one point, the crowd was very crazy, i think it was under 22 Acacia Avenue, it resulted in a pretty clumsy fall where 6 or 7 people fell over me and wound up sitting there laughing :lol:

The set-list was a pretty ok one though i hope they change some tracks when they come back in November.

Setlist: (i know they opened with Number of The Beast and The Trooper but i dunno the rest of the order except the encore of course)
Number of The Beast
The Trooper
Die With Your Boots On
22 Acacia Avenue
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Revelations
Heaven Can Wait
The Clairvoyant
The Clansman
Wildest Dreams
Fear of The Dark