Reviews.

This thread is for any reviews of Metal Evilution artists or gigs.

We'll start with a recent review on European webzine Heavy Metal Universe for the last album for TRANSCENDING MORTALITY.
It can be found in the underground section of the zine.

http://www.heavymetaluniverse.com/home.php

There are actually 2 reviews, 1 in English and an entirely diff review in French.
Thanks very much to the people at Heavy Metal Universe.:kickass:

Please all feel free to post your reviews or any that you come across on here as well of our bands as we can't catch everything out there.:)

Below is the promo review from Australian Underground Fanzine Procession #4 Anno Domini – 3-track promo (08) [VM]

This is a Sydney doom metal band that I have come across a few times as they performed live around the place. To be honest, their live work did not impress me very much. They triggered their drums live and the riffs were sort of forgettable. The clicky drum trigger is here as well, but it sounds fitting rather than obtrusive.

The whole thing is a bit of a surprise to be honest. This 3-track promo offers some angry Death Metal mixed in with menacing, sad guitar licks, reminding me of old My Dying Bride as well as…Cruciform. The production is studio-grade, even incorporating little bits of keyboard ambiance. The whole thing is rather nice to behear. The guitars and bass have a very pleasing thickness to them and the hoarse groaned death metal vocals add to the mix very nicely. I keep using the word “nice” not because this is ugly, dark music is anywhere close to nice, but because I’m a freak and it’s nice to hear old death/doom like this and it puts a smile on my face. Nice little promo.

Below is the promo review from Australian Underground Fanzine Procession #4 Anno Domini – 3-track promo (08) [VM]

This is a Sydney doom metal band that I have come across a few times as they performed live around the place. To be honest, their live work did not impress me very much. They triggered their drums live and the riffs were sort of forgettable. The clicky drum trigger is here as well, but it sounds fitting rather than obtrusive.

The whole thing is a bit of a surprise to be honest. This 3-track promo offers some angry Death Metal mixed in with menacing, sad guitar licks, reminding me of old My Dying Bride as well as…Cruciform. The production is studio-grade, even incorporating little bits of keyboard ambiance. The whole thing is rather nice to behear. The guitars and bass have a very pleasing thickness to them and the hoarse groaned death metal vocals add to the mix very nicely. I keep using the word “nice” not because this is ugly, dark music is anywhere close to nice, but because I’m a freak and it’s nice to hear old death/doom like this and it puts a smile on my face. Nice little promo.

Hmm Im wondering which gig these people went to, it was most likely years ago.
They seriously need to hear Atrocities and come to an Anno gig these days me thinks

Yes a bit odd but that review was from a 3 song promo about 2 years ago and even though you used to have a substantial Doom influence it is not blindingly obvious on that demo anyhows. Regardless of the fact yes people should take note that AD is now a far more furious and frenetic beast although still retaining a melodic edge.A lot more Death and very very little Doom.
I guess all i can really say is go and buy "Atrocities"!

Oh yeah once it's out of course which i'm hoping is damn soon!!:lol: