Revisited - Amorphis - Eclipse

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
I remembered this has been disgussed here before too, but failed with the search, so here's a new topic.

Amorphis - Eclipse

Joutsen is an amazing singer and also the songs on this release are just amazing, I first thought about the female vocals "whatta hell", but then I thought they're most likely linked to Kullervo as the whole album is and that way they started to sound great too as I see the concept (what might be wrong too, as I've never seen the actual lyrics, but know the concept).

Somewhat bad English here? So fucking what!? Fuck you!! :D

Songs are all amazing and even the ones, that are not, works in a concept, so overall this is a 9 1/2 record, maybe the best Finnish metal-album within a few years.

EDIT - Now please someone say, that this sounds like Agalloch and I'll send you a package with my pocketwatch.

well i gotta say. the dude that said it sometimes sounds like new SENTENCED was right. it's occasionally FAR too poppy. sorry... i'll stick to tuonela. but sure, it's better than "am universum" i guess

I know it's quite pop at some parts, but I really like it!

8 x 0.5 beers gone and wine to go, something is wrong with me.

THIS ALBUM FUCKEN RULES!!!!!! I swear, some of you should go back and give this another listen (not in the background, and perhaps with some volume!!) :kickass:

I totally see the pop-side of it, but what's wrong with catchy tunes? YOu don't have to listen to slit-wrist music 25 hours a day. I even liked when Lake of Tears released Neonai, my fave LoT album.

Add to that, it's fucken AMORPHIS doing catchy tunes, and the whole celtic/"Sonic Temple" vibe just works me to the bone. I mean, some of those songs could have been written over the "Sun King" riff.

I love it. :kickass:

AND most importantly, this SHITS all over Cold White Light. That's just regular dark pop metal. At least this has the traditional folky vibe. Man, some of those songs could be a tribute to Thin Lizzy.

I agree with Mikko, and disagree with all those who still wonder when Iron Maiden will release Powerslave pt 17. :loco:

[insert your mum joke here]

Mark - you are a complete dingleberry for having written this off. You caught it on a wrong day or something. Remember, don't be an oompa. Save that for the bedroom. :loco:

It's not written off JayK. But I have listened to it all the way through 3x, on 3 separate days. It just...it's just lacking something to me. Like it's not sure what it wants to be so it chose to be Depeche Mode with amplified guitars.

It's odd that you hear Depeche Mode. The first thing I hear is "Whiskey in the Jar" or "Over the Hills and Far Away"....

New Amorphis =

143.jpg
+
B000093OU8.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
+
B0000074FO.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
+
cult-sonic_temple-front_mini.jpg

=

:kickass: BEST SINCE ELEGY :kickass:

Oh yeah, and if they tour on this release in the US, I AM SO FUCKEN THERE. Them and King Diamond together!!! *dreaming*

Crimson Velvet said:
Catchy and poppy are two different things, me thinks... Iron Maiden are catchy, while "Far Away from the Sun" are poppy.

What is this?

It's poppy, poopy? Some of it is catchy too. Like I said, it's not bad, but I am not orgasmatron 3000 over it.

General Zod said:
Quoted for truth.

:kickass:

Does anyone know what the U.S. release date is for this disc?

Not sure about the US release date, but according to their website it's coming out in Europe this Thursday (2/17) so there's a good chance The End will get it in before any US release date anyway.

JayKeeley said:
Not sure about the US release date, but according to their website it's coming out in Europe this Thursday (2/17) so there's a good chance The End will get it in before any US release date anyway.
I wasn't sure if that was the US or European release date. Hopefully The End will carry the European version, as it was nearly a year between the European and US release dates for "Far From the Sun".

Zod