Revisiting one of the greatest ProgPower Metal albums in history

While I like the first one as well, I think A Flame to the Ground Beneath has much better production, songwriting and performance by the band. Not dissing the first album, but I (personal opinion only) like their sophomore effort a few light years more than the debut.

TribunalRecords said:
i don't want to break rules, but if you google "heed 2007 demo" you can find it.

Just listened to it. Holy fuck!!!!! This is some awesome stuff. MORE!

"Think Not Forever" is an absolutely incredible song, and has one of my favorite guitar solos ever recorded, no joke. It's such a perfect duel-solo with fantastic overlapping parts.

Cheesy as this band may have been in theory, they really kicked all sorts of ass.

I have only listened to the first one, so i cant really say which one i like better.

While I like both albums, they are loaded with lots-o-cheese....and that second one is obnoxious with the filler stuff (sound effects as a track?). I can think of a bunch of cd's that I would rate higher than Lost Horizon, as far as "power metal" goes.

The first time I saw one of their albums on the self it had a "death to false metal" sticker on it so I immediately thought they were a joey demaio project and the body paint didn't help either. Once I listened to them all concerns of any kind went right out the window. What a killer band with amazing vocals. I really wish they would get back together.

Anytime, brother. I will admit that when I was posting this thread, I had a really strong feeling this would be a new one for you. And that you'd like it.

Yeah, these guys would've been around right as I was getting into metal, which outside of Priest and Sabbath I'm embarrassed the types of bands I would listen to during that period, so it's definitely no shocker I wouldn't have heard of them. This is right up my alley though.

Yeah, these guys would've been around right as I was getting into metal, which outside of Priest and Sabbath I'm embarrassed the types of bands I would listen to during that period, so it's definitely no shocker I wouldn't have heard of them. This is right up my alley though.

Why would you be embarrassed? Not only it's just music, it's also something that made you feel good back then. There's nothing wrong with that. The whole "There's only two types of music" mentality that Halford taught you on that quote (your signature), is just too stupid to ignore. :lol:

Listen to what makes you feel good, and don't worry about people judging it.