Revocation deathless - guitar sound

Goddamn the guitar tone is thick and has a lot of goods mids without being so honky!
Do you know what amp has been used?? I love this tone! Maybe 5150 III???
How the hell Zeuss can get those great tones??? It's fully saturated without being muddy. Those are great skills guys, Zeuss rocks!
I love what he did with Despised Icon as well

When I saw them a few days ago live they were using an EVH 5150III and a Peavy 6505 so I would guess that they used those or something very similar on the album. You're right though dude the tone is gorgeous!

God, this tone fucking destroys. Deathless has some of the best production I've ever heard. It definitely sounds like an unboosted 5150 ii or iii, but the mic and cab I'm not sure about. Maybe just a Mesa, but it doesn't sound like a standard SM57. Maybe a Heil?

Edit:

Well, it's live but this is definitely a 5150 iii into a Mesa cab:

[youtube]EfBRG3hBlVo#t=110[/youtube]

Dave can also be seen using a 5150 ii live in the second studio video.

I guess I'm not the only one who loved the mix on the Teratogenesis EP haha. Apparently Zeuss liked it enough to use it as a template here (same guitar and bass tones, and the same drum samples). Really the only difference I can hear is that the drums are less up front and roomy.

As for the guitars, it sounds like it could be a blend of a 5150 III and a Dual Rec.

Uhm I think it's boosted, if you saturate a regular 5150 mk1 it would gets so muddy... I really don't know about the 5150III (Idon't own one) but to me this sounds boosted.
Who knows anyway, there's no single video online about the recording

A 5150 mk1 would definitely get muddy, but like I wrote, they appear to have used only the II and III, which have way fewer low mids and a higher average gain. I've never owned a physical 5150, but in all the sims I've used (Nick Crow, Thermionik, TSE) the 5150 ii is absolutely usable without a boost provided the input volume is high enough.

I'm too cheap to buy the whole album because I'm saving $$ for a Kemper, but I isolated a bunch of instances of the guitar by itself throughout Deathless today and dialed in a similar tone last night. I'll try to find more info, YouTube to MP3 and EQ match, etc. and post the results when it sounds good.

II is only barely more usable than I without a boost IME (slightly more 'hair' to the pick attack); III is totally fine without it though.

This album is amazing and the production rules. So wonderful sounding.

They sound like 5150 into an ENGL cab and sm57. It's not really hard to get that kind of tone with the sperimental impulses, just be careful as the tone tends to get a bit too honky.

They sound like 5150 into an ENGL cab and sm57. It's not really hard to get that kind of tone with the sperimental impulses, just be careful as the tone tends to get a bit too honky.

Yeep, came here to post exactly this. Once you A/B any Mesa impulse with the album guitar it's clear that it's actually an ENGL and not a Mesa. It has those scratchy highs that Mesas don't tend to produce. I'm using the Sperimental V30 57 Between 03 with a screamer (drive 9, tone noon, vol 2), 5150 ii (X50 red channel), gain 4, low 7, mid 4.5, treble 7.5, pres 6.5, post gain 2.5, resonance 3 and it sounds pretty damn close. HPF around 9500, LPF at 60. Bias normal.

Sorry for the relative necrobump, but I got bored and a Clark Kent-style match EQ impulse of this based on the intro to A Debt Owed to the Grave. It's in my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/toorv43l2soeboo/Deathless NEW IR.wav?dl=0

Never made an impulse before, but I think it sounds pretty close to the original. Let me know what you guys think. :) For reference, I used the TSE X50 V2 with the screamer tone @ 11 o'clock, drive @ 7 o'clock, gain at noon. Low end at 9, resonance 7.5, mids at 4, presence and treble at 7.

edit: updated to fix test tone clipping, which I think fixed the issues with the high end.