Revolution Renaissance

Mar 10, 2008
Abingdon, UK
The new band from Timo Tolki 'Revolution Renaissance' will release their album entitled 'New Era' on th 6th June 2008.
You can listen to samples of this album at their myspace site:
http://www.myspace.com/revolutionrenaissance

the songs sound great and Michael Kiske and Tobias Sammet will guest on it but i still can't help thinking how awesome this would have been as a Stratovarius album:mad:

My computer's a bit wonky lately; if I bother with MySpace players or YouTube videos then it will restart. Does Last Night On Earth have Kiske or Sammet on vocals, or was Tolkki able to crank out a fully mastered Stratovarius recording before they broke up? I've been dying to hear a studio version of that song because it's classic Stratovarius material.

Awesome. I learned the keyboard line some weeks ago out of curiosity, it's pretty wicked.

For those of you who can't get on Myspace
Tracklisting of “New Era” includes:

Heroes (lead vocals: Tobias Sammet)
I Did It My Way (lead vocals: Michael Kiske)
We Are Magic (lead vocals: Pasi Rantanen)
Angel (lead vocals: Michael Kiske)
Eden Is Burning (lead vocals: Pasi Rantanen)
Glorious And Divine (lead vocals: Tobias Sammet)
Born Upon The Cross (lead vocals: Pasi Rantanen)
Keep The Flame Alive (lead vocals: Michael Kiske)
Last Night On Earth (lead vocals: Michael Kiske)
Revolution Renaissance (lead vocals: Michael Kiske).

This album is going to be potentially amazing. Last Night on Earth is great, and I love both Tobias and Kiske as vocalists. I don't think I've heard Pasi Rantanen before, but I'll be interested to hear what he sounds like.

The line up is almost complete - final auditions are now taking place for a bass player. This would have made a great Strato album but is still as great with the guest musicians.
Anyone getting this album?

Well this doesn't do much for Tolkki's case of 'not doing it for the money'
just posted on the Revolution Renaissance myspace page:

TIMO TOLKKI & REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE LEAVES FRONTIERS RECORDS

Yesterday I finally got confirmation that we are able to do this. They simply were not the right label for us. That became clear in the last few months. I would describe the experience with Frontiers Records with the word: "interesting".
I am currently negotiating with several interesting labels, but I haven't made any decision yet. There is a lot of interest and that feels good.
We were offered an extensive 20 date Latin American tour for this December.
I am also already (well it's been over 2 years since I wrote "New Era" songs) writing new songs and can't wait to go to studio and on the road with these energetic and positive guys I was blessed to find. We will keep you posted regularily about what is happening on our camp.
Many thanks from all the support you have shown in the las weeks. We will not forget that.
You can listen/download full version of the song "Revolution Renaissance" with lyrics from the player.

LOVE, Timo/Gus/Bruno/Mike

Still the album is sounding great and i will probably order it today - your thoughts on this?

I don't like taking sides so i'll be interested to hear from the remaining strato guys as well as RR, but it just won't be the same - Tolkki did write like 90% of the songs.
'New Era' is sounding great and i pre-ordered it on Thursday. I do agree with one thing despite which side it came from 'It is not right to carry on purely on the basis of money - let the songs speak for themselves and that will follow, not the other way around'

Revolution has begun

Well, i just got the album 'New Era' in the post. what i will say on first listen is that you can really feel the spirit of Stratovarius in all of the songs and, dare i say, i think it was the right decision to have a variety of singers on the album. Michael Kiske shines and i actually enjoyed the ballad 'Angel'.
Even if you don't buy it, i would seriously advise that you give it a chance before judging it purely on your dislilke of Tolkki.
Interestingly in the sleevenotes of the album there is a thank you to the remaining members of Stratovarius that just says 'sorry it didn't work out...'
In short this isn't a genre defying album but a precise collection of power metal from Tolkki that has been absent for many years... Welcome Back :headbang:

I really didn't get on with it. I found 4 songs listenable and skipped the ends of all the others because they were just the same thing the whole song! One of the most boring albums I've ever heard. It's not often I'm actually disappointed with an album.

Agree with the above post, I got a promo copy sent to me around a month ago and I've only taken to Heroes, Last Night on Earth and the title track. Dull.