REVOLVER HOTTEST CHICKS IN METAL

cherri bomb is fun! the only thing i didnt like about them was i how heard while i was at tour supply from a guy who helps the band that they just do whatever they are told to do and how they dont know anything about their gear and setting up etc.. the essentials about being musicians... that was a drag knowing they have to have everything thing done for them. hopefully its not true. We have crew but that is a blessing. im all for all girl bands but come on! you are always cute until u pass 18. Weve all been there haha now your stuff , push the limit and give female musicians a good name... z'all im saying.:Spam:

THAT'S what I'm talking about! :). It's easy to notice those little things when you watch a video of theirs or interviews. Speaking as a Bassist, I've always had mad respect and love for female musicians in any genre of music. Especially when they can get onstage and musically beat the shit out of me...it's a genuine feel. Would you see the members of Cherri Bomb demoing guitar gear/drums/etc at the NAMM show?...Probably not...but turn on YouTube, and The Maidens are all over NAMM backing up their talents as MUSICIANS; 100% Confident, and in your face :).

I knew someone from the band would step forward and defend the girls. I'm not surprised they need help given how young they are. Crap, some of those girls are still working on getting their driver's licenses.

You're being ridiculous CC007. You're comparing them to musicians who have been playing longer than the CB girls have been alive. What were you doing at that age? At least they are trying to write original material.

Traxan: I don't feel I'm being ridiculous, I'm saying that it's sad that Cherri Bomb is being told what they have to do, and being thrown in a situation rather than having the chance to do what THEY want. Second, for your information, at their age, I was already playing in bands as a Bassist with guys that were twice my age because I practiced my ass off every minute I could, and learning from them about being a musician, Guitar equipment, getting the sounds I want, Song publishing, the business side, and what really mattered...having fun with it. All these years later, it's still a learning experience. I wish Cherri Bomb the best, I hope they continue to grow as a band and I hope they get to do what they want musically.

PLEASE VOTE FOR NITA AND COURTNEY FOR REVOLVER'S HOTTEST CHICKS IN METAL!

1. Post on www.facebook.com/RevolverMag,

2. Post on Twitter with the hashtag
#hottestchicksinhardrock

3. Email Letters@RevolverMag.com with the subject line “Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock.”

Or in the comments here! http://www.revolvermag.com/news/vote...d-metal-2.html

i went on my first tour at 15 with adrian belew of king crimson... and if i didnt have my crap together and set my stuff up i would have been sent home.... Me and nita never had that kind of help in the beginning it was either do it right or be embarrassed on stage in front of everyone... and let me tell you, you learned fast!Ill be hard on these girls just bc if you are going to survive as a female in this industry you have to have your sh*t together...

:)

mama courtney haha

i went on my first tour at 15 with adrian belew of king crimson...

Ok, that's worthy of :worship: because I never knew that.

Thing is, are you certain about them not knowing the ins and outs of gear? I mean, they toured Europe with the Foo Fighters and played Reading festival. They SHOULD know what they are doing.

I did my first 3 month national tour at 15 as well with no guitar tech or crew or any kind... like Court said, you have to know your shit. Bottom line. When we spoke to their guitar tech at tour supply he basically said they barely know how to plug the guitar into the amp. The crew does it all. Personally I'm glad I didn't have that kind of treatment at that age, it's made me into the musician I am now. Nothing against Cherri Bomb though! I could care less what other people do with their time! haha

I agree Lzzy Hale is super talented. She and I shared the same vocal coach (Steve Whiteman of KIX) although I never met her.

So, is there an actual poll or is it just write-ins? I wanna support my hottie bandmates but I didn't see anything about it on Revolver's FB page. :hotjump:

Damn, Whitman must get around. Kix are from Baltimore, Halestorm are from Penn and you're from D.C., right? That's a lot of ground to cover.

Did you see the custom Explorer Gibson made for Lizzy? White body, gold trim, mother of pearl tuning pegs. Not sure guys will want to buy that model, though. :) They'll say it's a "chick guitar." It IS sweet, though.

463335_10150785326115718_98534165717_9900689_135352202_o.jpg

Anyone who thinks it's a "chick guitar",is an idiot. Randy Rhoads' famous Concorde guitar was white with gold trim. Was it a "chick guitar" too??? I don't think so. That Explorer on the pic is probably the best looking Gibson I've ever seen. I'm a guy,but I love the combination of white and gold. And no,it's not gay...it's classy!

So has anyone seen the new issue yet? I heard it's the usual suspects, including (laughably) Taylor Momsen. Was wondering if the Maidens made it.

Oh come on. The hottest chicks in metal are Vixen. Haha you guys remember Vixen?

I love how Amy Lee is on the cover of the magazine, since she is my favorite female singer hands down!

Well I picked up the issue. Civil words escape me.

First the good news. Nita is in at #15. The bad news? No Court. That's dumb as it is. They were entered as a duo and should have been listed as a duo, because there are two other duos in there.

The rest of the list is complete and utter fail. Biggest fucking joke ever.

25: Jackie Lopanza, Unsaid Fate. Never heard of her but she is hot.
24: Liv, Sister Sin.
23: Laura Wilde (a nobody)
22: Miri Milman, System Divide (who?)
21: Miki Black, Infinija (a nobody but hot as hell, and she's Arabian)
20: Nookie, The Slot (who?)
19: Jill Janus, Huntress (meh, ok I guess)
18: Courtney LaPlante, Iwrestledabearonce (crap band)
17: Alana Potocnick, Winds of Plague (who?)
16: Alissa White-Gluz, The Agonist (who?)
15: Nita (who tells some interesting tales)
14/13: Heidi Sheperd & Carla Harvey, Butcher Babies (who?)
12: Ariel, Icon for Hire (you get the idea)
11: Mixi, Stitched up Heart (this bitch is fugly. She looks like a skinny Kesha)
10: Christina Scabbia
9/8: Anissa & Alexandria Rodriguez, Eyes Set to Kill (meh, ugly tats)
7: Kimberly Freeman, One-Eyed Doll (another nobody, she looks like Kristen Stewart, right down to the vacant eyes)
6: Maria Brink, In This Moment (I figured they put her at #1, tbh)
5: Brooklyn, Picture Me Broken (who???)
4: Ash Costello, New Years Day (no seriously, this is getting old)
3: Taylor Momsen (laughable. Utterly laughable. She's Lindsay Jr.)
2: Amy Lee
1: Lzzy Hale

An absolute joke. No Simone Simons? Sharon Den Adel? Doris Yeh? Emma Anzai? Hell, Jennifer from That Metal Show wipes the floor with this list.

Well, not Nita. Whatever you do, don't fuck with her whiskey!

hey Traxan
I'm not familair with a lot of those bands either. I think us old geezers need to get hipper with the newer bands of today. Revolver has a young audience but 3 of those ladies have been on my TV show before Christina Scabbia and here's my interviews with Alissa from the Agonist & Jill from Huntress I dig both those bands tell me what you think (EVRYBODY)

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't let it bother you. To be honest these mags don't give tribute bands any respect. They will rarely, if ever, write about them. Esp if it's an american mag. A lot of print magazines and major media outlets are this way. The fact they write about TIMS is pretty cool in itself. VERY few other tribute bands in the US ever see print (more TIMS cool fact!).