Revolver's "Hottest Chicks in Metal III"

DemonOfTheWoods

Your option out of here
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD
wow, what a crock of shit!!!
First, this should be called "The Only Chicks in Metalcore, Volume 1".

Second, never have a sexist asswipe editor write a note on an article about women in metal. Not all women are walking pairs of tits, and the true women of metal have what actually counts- THE VOICE & THE TALENT!!!!

Third...I don't think i'm the only one who is sick of seeing Bleeding Through's Marta as the only woman in these articles to be in all 3.

Now lets discuss the real hottest women in METAL...

Doro Pesch. The Metal Queen herself. Revolver missed here in the 1st HCIM article, they ignored her in the 2nd one...oh wait, Revolver would never touch her in these articles seeing as Doro is over 40 (but doesn't look a day over 25...go figure). I doubt anyone at Revolver has ever heard of Doro.

Lana Lane...I may be wrong on this, but I think she is also over 40. Not to mention, Lane is also WAY off Revolver's Radar. Either way, she's beautiful.

Helena Irene Michaelson (of Imperia, Angel, ex-Trail of Tears). If you've seen or heard her, then I have no need to explain.

Simone Simmons....never mentioned in these articles.

Sharon Den Adel. Mentioned in the first article...briefly.

how about the vocalist for Midnattsol?

or Amanda Sommerville?

How about newer up and coming vocalists, like the girl from Unexpect or Veronica Freeman?

I think I've made my point. Now I gotta get back to work!

THANKS REVOLVER! YOU REALLY REALLY KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!

never have a sexist asswipe editor write a note on an article about women in metal. Not all women are walking pairs of tits, and the true women of metal have what actually counts- THE VOICE & THE TALENT!!!!
Agreed! He should have just replaced his entire "Editor's note" with two words: SEX SELLS, because that's really all it came down to. The impression I got from his letter was that no one at Revolver really likes to do this issue anyway. They only do it because it is there best selling issue (which makes their corporate guys happy) and that's because they focus more on getting these women half (or fully) naked instead of interviewing them about their careers/music like they do with the "sweaty guys" in every other issue. I would rather see 5 more real women of metal added to each of these HCIM issues with better written articles (not just a short little Q&As), instead of having only a few paragraphs of actual content so they can squeeze in more photos of women posed almost exactly the same way in almost the same lingerie.

While I did find the short interviews with each of the women performers interesting (although a little stagnant since they seem to ask the same ten questions to every girl, every year), one of the things that really annoyed me about this year's issue was the fact that they gave the most space in that section of the issue to a woman who is not in a metal band - Kat Von D.

While Kat is a cool tattoo artist (who apparently also has a TV show - not about metal music, but about tattooing), her metal claims to fame include tattooing actual metal performers and hooking up with Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx. That, at least in my eyes, does not qualify her as a "chick in metal," no matter how hot or friendly she may be.

I will give Revolver a little credit for trying to feature a few women in metal(-core:puke:) beyond just those that front bands. I'm not saying their issue should only focus on female metal singers, but I believe that the women they do feature should be doing more for the metal industry than just inking bands on the Sunset Strip and banging bass players. Maybe I'm out of the loop a little, but I had never really even heard of Kat Von D's involvement with the metal industry before this issue. I'm still not sure what that involvement is beyond the two aforementioned points of tattooing and being a girlfriend of a metal band member.

OK, so I will admit it - I'm a little (just a tiny bit) bitter that they didn't make one mention of the Flight of the Valkyries in this issue or (what bugs me even more) even mention of any of the bands/vocalists on our bill - and we've got some pretty hot chicks on our roster this year as Demon has already verified in this thread and many of our fans have verified through the announcement posts on here and other forums.

Even if the bands on the FotV roster didn't get the press, I could still name at least a dozen other bands/women who should have been on the list for this issue before we see another "repeat" from the last two HCIM issues, a bunch of metal-core (not METAL) band members, or a women who has basically no involvement in metal music.

I hope Revolver really takes a hard look at the way they are portraying metal (particularly women in metal), re-evaluates and steps back up to the plate next year to bring us a kick-ass issue of REAL METAL WOMEN that focuses on music, quality, and beauty and not just skin and gender-politics.