Rhapsody of Fire status????

mtlhd001

Nov 17, 2007
Anyone know what is happening in the Rhapsody of Fire camp?

From http://rhapsodyoffire.com

RHAPSODYOF FIRE’S ACTIVITY SUSPENDED
Hi to all, we would like to inform everybody that actually the RHAPSODY OF FIRE band activity relatively to album releases and touring has been suspended, independently from our will, for an unspecified period of time. We are sorry for that. Further news will be made available as soon as we will be in the conditions to release them. Thank you for understanding.

Rhapsody Of Fire

I also notice www.mightyrhapsody.com wasn't renewed.......

This came off their wikipedia page. Confirmed by a post on the Rhapsody website.

In June 2008, on their official website appears the following message, written by Luca Turilli:

"We are in the middle of a hard legal fight with Magic Circle Music and his main representative Mr. Joey DeMaio. That’s the reason why in the last months we had to keep all strictly confidential and could not release any official declaration that could obviously be used against us from the opposite side. As soon as this sad situation will be solved we’ll be ready for a great and mighty come back. A new album, a real masterpiece of Speed/Epic Metal, is already composed and ready to be recorded and after its release an immense worldwide tour will finally follow for yours and our extreme satisfaction."

I can understand that Rhapsody wouldn't be able to record under that name, but Luca Turilli's site seems to indicate that he can't record either.

What kind of legal battle prevents individual members from recording solo albums as well as under the Rhapsody moniker?

I like me some MANOWAR but I am sure that Joey DeMaio can be a real prick. I always thought it was a bad idea for Rhapsody to get mixed up with Joey.

I can understand that Rhapsody wouldn't be able to record under that name, but Luca Turilli's site seems to indicate that he can't record either.

What kind of legal battle prevents individual members from recording solo albums as well as under the Rhapsody moniker?

A legal battle where someone may own the name that a band has that is not a member of that band. Shades of Angra, anyone? Maybe that is why Luca Turilli is reduced to giving lessons online.

I get that, but why can't Luca do solo albums?
According to Magic Circle Music's site, both Luca Turilli and Luca Turilli's Dreamquest are on their roster. Even if his solo band isn't directly involved in the legal battle, there's a pretty good chance he's either working on getting out of his contract and/or not particularly inclined to do anything that will create revenue for Magic Circle.

Why not just start a new band?.....

Could name it...Rhapsody of Wind
or Rhapsody of Rain
or Rhapsody of .....

Why not just start a new band?.....

Could name it...Rhapsody of Wind
or Rhapsody of Rain
or Rhapsody of .....

...or Mighty Rhapsody, as their old website was named before they changed the band name to Rhapsody of Fire. :rolleyes:

oh, and the roll-eyes was directed at the band, not you Lek. You're way too cool for the roll-eyes. :worship:

My question is, why did Rhapsody think they even needed Joey to begin with?:guh:

~Brian~

I'm guessing to help them break into the American market. With the exception of Glenn possibly inviting them to a future PPUSA, do you think you'd have had the chance to see them in the U.S. before 2010 (if ever)?

*shrug* just askin'...

:headbang:

I'm guessing to help them break into the American market. With the exception of Glenn possibly inviting them to a future PPUSA, do you think you'd have had the chance to see them in the U.S. before 2010 (if ever)?

*shrug* just askin'...

:headbang:

Yep, that's what I was thinking as well.
You can now find their stuff at places like Best Buy.
It did work to an extent.
Apparently though, to get to that point, Rhapsody obviously signed away more than they should have.

Damn shame too, considering how popular power metal has gotten in the States since they signed, they could have easily been a regular touring band.

I hope it all gets worked out.
While I admit their last couple studio efforts paled in comparison to the classics, I would still support the band and buy a new album, and VERY happily go see them live.

I am still regretting not going to see them and Manowar in Cleveland a couple years back.

My question is, why did Rhapsody think they even needed Joey to begin with?:guh:

~Brian~
Maybe because Limb Music is next to useless, and Joey probably wined, dined and promised the Universe to them. Remember, DiMaio runs Manowar. THAT is his bread and butter. Do you think he is going to screw his own to help Rhapsody of Fire?

If that's the case, Rhapsody needs to suck it up and stay with the label. If they signed a contract for X number of albums, they'll lose anyway unless they can show Demaio didn't keep his end of it.