Rhapsody Of Fire Announces Their Next Album. There's a unicorn on the cover.

Reading the press release they make it sound like it's going to be their last album, or at least their last fantasy-based album. I thought they said the same thing when Dragonflame came out.

Why not say the same thing in every press release, every album sounds the same. No I most correct that; the last made me think of what it most be like as a totally blind man watching Lord of the Rings.

it's like once they got free from their Magic Circle Records contract they are unleashing all the music they kept hidden from them! it's impressive how much output they are cranking out.

I think we should all be asking why an angel needs to ride a unicorn. Seems like it would actually limit her mobility.

So has anyone picked the new CD up yet? I've had it for a few weeks and it is in constant rotation for me. I think maybe their best stuff since Dawn of Victory.

Thoughts?

Still need to spin this a bit more. I've had the album for a while now and for some reason, it hasn't clicked as their two releases from last year did. That being said, there's some strong material in this one as well.

This album cover got the attention of L.A. Weekly, who ran a 10 best awesomely cheesy power metal covers feature.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/07/ridiculous_awesome_power_metal_album_covers.php

Interesting list. While some of them deserve to be there, I wouldn't consider all of these to be the absolute cheesiest. Insanity and Genius I wouldn't say cheesy necessarily, or at least not compared to a lot of others. I'm truly surprised a Helloween album did not make that list.

Interesting list. While some of them deserve to be there, I wouldn't consider all of these to be the absolute cheesiest. Insanity and Genius I wouldn't say cheesy necessarily, or at least not compared to a lot of others. I'm truly surprised a Helloween album did not make that list.

There are a ton of albums that could have made that list, but the fact that the list exists in the first place in a relatively mainstream publication is cool enough.