Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Part 2 The Dark Secret

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
As a tease for their upcoming epic metal album Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Part 2 – The Dark Secret, due out this September through SPV, RHAPSODY will release an EP entitled The Dark Secret this summer. Guitarist Luca Turilli and keyboardist Alex Staropoli claim to have invented a new kind of metal with the album, dubbing it Film Score Metal.

The massive production, led by Turilli and Staropoli, was done in several studios throughout Europe, in England, Italy, the Czech Republic, Belgium and Germany. Supported by appearances by more than a dozen international guest soloists and the entire Bohuslav Martinu Philharmonic Orchestra from the Czech Republic, a 50 piece choir, and actor Christopher Lee, Turilli and Staropoli believe they’ve reached a new milestone in the realms of symphomic metal.

“It is a dream come true. We couldn't believe it when our management informed us that our hero Mr. Lee agreed to be part of our new CD," says Turilli. “We are extremely thankful and honoured that this outstanding legend of film and theatre has chosen to work with us.”

"Mr.Lee indeed brought reality to our vision and dreams,” adds Staropoli. "It was pure magic and his narrations is just magnificent and truly majestic."

Among other well known narrators and London actors, Lee will guide the listeners in the role of a king through The dark Secret saga. The following is a portion Lee’s narrative:

"It was a good time for all creatures of the earth, but fate decreed that the dark prophecy of a demon knight could bring a tragic end to this peace scarring their lives forever. Shortly before his defeat in the last of the primordial wars between the heavens and hells the evil son of the Hell God Kron, known as Nekron, withdrew to his lair in the underworld. There, sensing his impending death, he inscribed a testament of pure evil in seven black books. One by one six of these books were discovered through out the ages, however the seventh, last and most terrible of all contained the secret of his resurrection. He commanded seven immortal demons to carry out his dark plan. But they were turned into stone by the angels of the crystal realms. And so his dreams slept with them until a time came when the forces of evil would usurp the earth. Nekron would rule in the unholy name of cosmic chaos. And this time he would reign supreme!"

The EP contains four non-album tracks, such as the raw and heavy ‘Thunder's Mighty Roar’, the english version of ‘Guardians Of Destiny’, and a remix of the song ‘Non Ho Sonno’, originally composed by the band GOBLIN for a movie by the famous Italian director Dario Argento. The limited edition includes a DVD that will contain exclusive interviews, behind the scenes material and a special video done by an Italian fan based on the Emerald Sword Saga, as well as a 5.1 surround sound mix of the track ‘Unholy Warcry’.

The official track list for The Dark Secret is as follows: ‘Unholy Warcry’ (short version), ‘Thunder's Mighty Roar’, ‘Guardians Of Destiny’ (English version), ‘Sacred Power Of Raging Winds’ and ‘Non Ho Sonno’ (remix).
---------------------------------------

Rhapsody is a great band I have been into for quite sometime. I feel this next album Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Part 2 The Dark Secret will be something that none of us have ever heard before. It is going to be way over the top and just having Christopher Lee involved is incredible. I have two albums from these guys "Dawn Of Victory" and the first "Symphony Of Enchanted Lands". I feel if done the right way this album can make them huge. I am very excited about this.

This album is gonna kick major ass! As cheesy as possible (not a bad thing at all), Rhapsody is fucking awesome! I can't wait!

I'm to the point where I'm buying their CDs for the cool artwork. Their first CD was a nice surprise because it was pretty unique at the time. Years later, they still sound pretty much exactly like they did on the first CD. IMO, if you've heard one Rhapsody CD, you've heard them all. Even though it's good stuff (albeit cheesy) it's all the same to my ears. Hopefully the new chessy moniker, "Film Score Metal" means there will be a twist this time around, although the title, "Symphony...Part II" isn't getting my hopes up.

When I think of film scoring, I think more of incidental music and mood pieces than hopelessly bombastic metal with narration and lyrics about dragons...but I'll leave Rhapsody alone for now. Any band that makes up their own genre to describe their music ends up looking ridiculous.

I've never viewed Rhapsody as being "cheesy" as so many say. I view them as being one of the most creative, innovative and exciting bands in today's Metal scene. Alongside Bal-Sagoth, they're my favorite Metal bands. I am so sick of reading people call them "cheesy" when they're actually one of the most unique and imaginative bands out there.

I can hear the similarities in Rhapsody's first 3 albums and even the EP.

But their last release was different and a new style I think for them (while containing old). Mainly in the speed of the songs...Luca is doing some damn speed there in the rhythm (leads are the same). It's the biggest difference to my ears on that album with the others. Also the fact they did the black metal vocals on the Demon song.

It's a shame the label wouldn't let them do "Rhapsody in Black". Would have kicked ass...

You know, I'm excited about the new Rhapsody album, really, but I know that they're cheesey at the same time. They arent a band I blast while Im picking a chick up at her apt, going "hey baby, climb into my stallion of steel in which we shall embark on a mighty quest and whenceforth it is over we shall return and I will lay you down by the fire. COME HITHER WOMAN! "

Something also tells me Luca walks around Italy with a sword at all times too.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
You know, I'm excited about the new Rhapsody album, really, but I know that they're cheesey at the same time. They arent a band I blast while Im picking a chick up at her apt, going "hey baby, climb into my stallion of steel in which we shall embark on a mighty quest and whenceforth it is over we shall return and I will lay you down by the fire. COME HITHER WOMAN! "

Something also tells me Luca walks around Italy with a sword at all times too.

Ben

You completely hit the nail on the head, man. I like Rhapsody in small doses too, but you can't believe that a band playing ridiculously bombastic music about dragons and unicorns is anything but total hardcore cheese.