Rhapsoy/ Manowar Winston Salem Aftermath

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
Got back from the show last night around 5 this morning. It was a very good show. :headbang:

First, we had just turned onto the street of the venue when we noticed 4 large tour buses and 3 peopl standing outside of them. As we got closer, my friend said one of them was Luca Turilli. I thought in my head, "yeah right". Well, it was luca. So I hit the breaks and asked him for a signature. He said sure. Then I noticed that the guy standing with him was Alex Staropoli. So we pulled over and got down and spoke with these two guys for a few mnutes. I got my picture taken with both dudes and signatures. Wow! Then a few minutes later as I was standing in line, I noticed Fabio Lione standing out side the bus, so I walked over and got a pic and sig with him as well. What more could you ask for. A s far as the show goes, Rhaposy was amazing. I honestly did not expect them to sound so good. Fabio is amazing live. Manowar was good as always and is a long time favorite of mine. However, I think the night went to RhAPSODY. :worship:

Rhapsody1.jpg

Oh, Holy Hell was good as well. Playing mostly covers though. Joe Stump is a n amazing guitar player.

Not sure the exact attendance at Ziggy's but it certainly was not sold out. I would guess at 500-600 people, tops....though it's tough counting them as they do not all stay still long enough...lol. Also not so sure who the hell is on all those buses.

Anyways......Fanatstic show!!!!!!

Holy Hell: ***
They opened the evening with 4 songs. One being Phantom of the Opera in which Eric Adams came out and did a duet with Holy Hell's vocalist, who seemed a bit uncomfortable on stage at times but who had a great voice. Holy Hell definately has some potential and some great musicians. From a brief hello with the bass player as we left the club, an album shoud be out in a few months (I think that is what he said...lol).

Rhapsody: ****
Absolutley amazing. I so was not expecting this level of performance live. Fabio just kisks ass live...as well as the rest of the band (wish i could have seen Luca play a little more, but the damned video dude was right in that site line).
Perfect mix of pre-record to fill in the sound.

They did alot from the latest as well as touching on just about all their other works. Loved that they did Lamento Eroico.
One duel encore...total 65 minute set...hell....could have left after this and felt it was worth the money spent and then some, though I would love to see these guys headline and hope they do come back in the future and do so.

No cameras allowed, so went back to hotel afterwards, got the camera and the Queen got couple shots with band.
Again, have to thank Rhapsody for making the trip.

Manowar: **
Have never seen Manowar so have to say I was dissapointed a tad. I really expected more from them.
A solid show but too over the top for my taste.....(and a wee bit too short for what I thought was the headliner, 65-70 minutes).
The set list was good (though as always, a few songs I would have liked to have heard were not played).
Just seemed that as soon as they developed some momentum and had the crowd rocking, they would break into an extended solo and have to start all over again. At times even the diehards looked a bit bored at the solos. After the show, they were no where to be found, also a little dissapointing.

Best part of the show was when they came back for the encore.
There were these two young kids, brothers (young...4 or 5 and the other a few years older). The whole show the younger one was on his dad's shoulders up front, shirt off, both hands up headbanging away. Joey comes out and brings them on stage. The younger of the two had a JP hat on and the older a Kiss shirt...we soon learned the JP hat belonged to his older brother...so....after a little lesson on who they should exclusively be listening to as well as some basic metal mentoring, he gave them both shirts. Very cool moment.

In any event, an awesome night of music that should not be missed and as always, Ziggy's rocks!!!!!....thanks.

Jim LotFP said:
How many people are coming to these shows?

Judging by who was coming in and out of each bus I would have to say there was one bus per band and I am not sure who the 4th bus was for. There was, as someone said before about 500 people maybe. I was never good at judging a crowd.

I believe what we all witnesed last night was the passing of the tourch from Manowar to Rhapsody. As much as I love Manowar and have since Battle Hyms, Rhapsody is by far the highlight of this tour. It is a must see! Make all the cheese jokes you want. These guys are for real. :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship:

King Lek said:
Holy Hell: ***
From a brief hello with the bass player as we left the club, an album shoud be out in a few months (I think that is what he said...lol).

I spoke with Joe stump (the guirtar player)....( the one with hair) before the show and he said that it would be 2006 before they had anything out. Check out Joe Stump in Reign Of Terror. If you like Malmsteen style metal you will like Reign of Terror.