RI Traffic Tribunal = A bunch of retards.

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
So, I went to traffic court on tuesday to plead good driving record on a ticket i got about a month ago. Now, it was my first ticket, so I was unfamiliar with the process and didn't pay the ticket (online) till late the night before. I realized that they probably wouldn't have processed it by the next morning, so I printed out the online receipt. First it turned out that I apparently haven't been driving long enough to plead good driving record (even though the cop said I could, part of the reason that I waited so long to pay the ticket), so that shits going on my record. Then I went to the the room with the cashier and presented my receipt. The lady there said that she'd take it, and if for some reason it turned out that I still had a balance, I would just get a bill in the mail. Today, I find that I have an interesting little letter from the Division of Motor Vehicles. Looks like that stupid woman never got the receipt to whoever needed it, because now they think I never paid, and so my license is suspended! I have a 50 minute commute (one way) to work every day, and now I have to drive around without a license till this shit gets sorted out. Fucking retarded bureaucrats.

Personally, if my license was suspended and they told me the payment didn't exist... I'd offer to dispute the charge with my credit card company. What are they going to do? Suspend my license?
But yeah... it's a DMV thing. They may well agree with you a horrid mistake has happened... then tell you it was your fault for being an irresponsible citizen. Unlike stores, you can't really *go* somewhere else. Keep detailed records of everything. Get as many names as possible. If you humiliate them enough in the press, then maybe something would happen.

I worked for MA for awhile. From what customers told me, it was like a godsend compared to RI. They said you needed to be there at opening to get a number and even then you weren't guaranteed to see anyone. Here it might be a bitch to find the right paperwork then pay all 15 agencies who dip into the cash but at least you can get told you're an idiot in a single day.