Richard Christy Leaving Iced Earth

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
Posted today at the iced earth website :OMG:

"The most significant bit of news to report is that Richard Christy will no longer be with the band after the LA show. He has decided to pursue his comedy career by being a permanent fixture on the Howard Stern show. Though Richard?s timing on informing the band of this was somewhat less than professional, as he informed us of his intentions in the middle of the tour instead of before it started, we do wish him well and all the best for his future. He feels he will be better suited for the comedy world than the music world based on some recent experiences, and he?s probably right, Richard is a very funny and unique guy.

Replacing Richard will be Bobby Jarzombek of ?Halford? and ?Riot? notoriety. Bobby is an excellent drummer and we will be rehearsing in Los Angeles before we start the extension of the U.S. dates." - Jon Schaffer

the message also talks about journalism "integrity", demons & wizard news, and European Tour...

http://icedearth.com/bandboard/messages/18.html

:lol:

Holy hell, why leave Iced Earth for Howard Stern, it's becoming a circus itself.

Why does Jon's statement (about Christy) does like major bollocks? Oh well, I guess it isn't. Doesn't matter much who's the drummer in IE anyway.
That update of his is sounds very professional otherwise, but I suppose everyone will still be calling him a patriotic redneck.

big news , Richard Christy was why i bought the glorius burden. Jon Doesnt pay Christy enough, he is too talented of a drummer to play in Iced Earth. Everyone is leaving iced earth because they get paid enough. NO original memebers from the horror show line up are left except for schaffer.

i hope Richard continues to play drums and records with BAnds he was a true talent

the polish bastard said:
big news , Richard Christy was why i bought the glorius burden. Jon Doesnt pay Christy enough, he is too talented of a drummer to play in Iced Earth. Everyone is leaving iced earth because they get paid enough. NO original memebers from the horror show line up are left except for schaffer.

i hope Richard continues to play drums and records with BAnds he was a true talent
How do you know who gets paid what?

Message posted by Christy yesterday at his site:

"I just wanted to say a few things about my decision to leave Iced Earth. First off, it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I spent many sleepless nights wondering what to do before I made the final decision to leave the band. The reason I'm leaving is because at the end of June I will be auditioning to work for a legendary show that I have been a fan of for many, many years, The Howard Stern Show. Howard Stern's show got me through many years of working at a day job that I didn't really enjoy, my electrician job in Orlando, Florida. When I heard that I was one of the ten finalists to try out for Stuttering John's job I could not believe it, it was a dream come true to even be considered. I also want to let everyone know that I don't yet have the job, I am just auditioning for the job at the end of June, then the audience will vote for who they want to replace Stuttering John. This made the decision even harder because right now I am living a metal drummer's dream by playing in one of my favorite metal bands, but the week that I am auditioning for Stuttering John's job on Howard Stern conflicts with Iced Earth's tour schedule. What it comes down to is that if I didn't try out for the job on Howard Stern I would regret it every day for the rest of my life because that would be the greatest job I could ever dream of having. I really don't look forward to going back to my electrician job after touring, so if I work my ass off and do a good job working for Howard then maybe my dream will come true and I can have a permanent job working for the greatest show in the history of radio. Whatever happens, I will definitely still keep playing music, I've played the drums for twenty years now and I will never stop playing. Finally I want to say that I love the guys in Iced Earth and I love the music that I've made with them over the past four years, I am a very lucky guy to have had the chance to tour around the world with one of my favorite metal bands and I'm very sorry for any trouble that I have caused by making this decision. Bobby Jarzombek is my favorite drummer and I am very much looking forward to hearing him play with the band, I know he will do an amazing job.

Thanks and take care."

Doesn't matter much who's the drummer in IE anyway.

I'd really have to agree with that one, actually. I feel that Richard Christy was underutilized in Iced Earth (just my op on this), and that you could have interchanged his drumming on both his IE albums with about 20 other semi-capable metal drummers out there.
That said, I truly believe that Christy is one of the top three metal drummers alive and I sincerely hope that he will record music in the future for us to enjoy.
Also on an important note, he is a very humble and accomidating person.
I am happy for Jarzombek because he really hasn't been doing anything of any real profile ever since Halford went back to Priest, and he as well, is way to good to be doing nothing. He deserves to be heard, but I fear that his drumming as well will be shuffled into the background in IE.