Rick Springfield - Songs for the end of the world

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I loved the hell out of the last Rick album Venus in Overdrive and the new one is more of the same but it's just not quite as good. It does have some amazingly catchy tunes though like Wide Awake and Our Ship's Sinking and the huge anthem I Hate Myself. Can't believe the guy is over 60 years old, he sounds as fresh as a daisy! I'll be lucky of I make 60!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!!!!!!

For the record, I do appreciate some classic Rick S.
I actually saw him live once.
Seeing him in tight leather pants on a hot July day was not a pretty sight.

Kudos for having the balls to post some Rick Springfield! I like the new CD, there are several great songs on it.
The guy has so many classic power-pop songs, which is a difficult genre to do well.

I've actually seen him live more than any other artist, and he kicks ass every time, check him out if you get a chance. You will have a great time. Saw him earlier this year and he did a cover of "Jet" by Wings which was outstanding. (Also a bonus track on the new CD.) Rick has basically toured non-stop since 2000. If I have half as much energy as him when I am 63, I will be happy!

I loved the hell out of the last Rick album Venus in Overdrive and the new one is more of the same but it's just not quite as good. It does have some amazingly catchy tunes though like Wide Awake and Our Ship's Sinking and the huge anthem I Hate Myself. Can't believe the guy is over 60 years old, he sounds as fresh as a daisy! I'll be lucky of I make 60!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZc9AYCGVRE

I agree... not quite as good as the last one but he still writes good songs!