Riffs that are similar to others thread

Ocelot2010

Burger King Diamond
Sep 18, 2008
Washington State
I just kinda thought about this

I was listening to Shedding Skin by Pantera, and I noticed that it sounded familiar, it donned on me that Metallica's "That was Just Your Life" had a very similar riff to that of Shedding Skin. They also had a riff in "The End of the Line" that sounded similar to a Damageplan riff.

Anyone else got any that they would like to share?
I know Trivium has a view riffs that sound like Metallica and/or Pantera riffs.

Testament - Envy Life
Metallica - Enter Sandman

Look, I'll even post em for ya. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kreator - Love Us Or Hate Us
Overkill - Elimination

Joe Satriani - Chords of Life
Metallica - The Day That Never Comes

Pearl Jam - Why Go
Metallica - The End of the Line

Machine Head - Clenching the Fists of Dissen
Technocracy - How We Die

Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil

(Bear in mind that Robb and Phil actually wrote those guitar parts anyway, but still)

trivium < all

but thrash til death by destruction is similar to a fuck load of things. the first time i heard it on the bus i was like... WUT?

Trivium sucks

Lamb of God's Laid To Rest intro sounds exactly one of the riffs from Testament's Into The Pit

edit: wow beat to it lol

Eh, Van Halen's Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love sounds like Dokken to me? lol

Trivium sucks

captain-obvious-5-nobrain.jpg

:)

Iron Maiden's The Wicker Man sounds like Judas Priest's Running Wild.

There's a riff in a song on Testament's last album that sounds exactly like a riff in a song on Exodus' last album. But I can't for the life of me remember what the songs were.

FFF - Megadeth
Motorbreath - Metallica

Also the intro riff of these songs

Good Mourning/Black Friday - Megadeth
E For Extinction - Thousand Foot Krutch

Iron Maiden's The Wicker Man sounds like Judas Priest's Running Wild.

Oh yeah it does! :lol:
I remember hearing Running Wild and saying to myself "I've heard this song before...... Maiden maybe? Nah thats not it......" then hearing Wicker Man weeks later going "THATS WHAT IT WAS DAMMIT!" :lol:

trivium < all

but thrash til death by destruction is similar to a fuck load of things. the first time i heard it on the bus i was like... WUT?

Listen to shogun a couple of times. there is no good reason to hate that album. you mightn't love it, But there is no reason to hate it unless you're listening to the name "trivium" and have just decided that you don't like them. Mind you I was in that camp and the album was good enough to convert me.

Listen to shogun a couple of times. there is no good reason to hate that album. you mightn't love it, But there is no reason to hate it unless you're listening to the name "trivium" and have just decided that you don't like them.

Funniest post I've read in ages.

I don't like Shogun (or Trivium) because of one simple act - and this is gonna shock you - because the album is crap.