Riffs that are similar to others thread

Phil Anselmo would call Trivium a regurgitation:

Taking two bands and copying them (the two being Pantera and Metallica)

Instead of taking ten bands, and creating your own sound in that huge mix

:lol:
Yeah I'm weird :p

The song is great, but the album itself is mediocre at best. The songs sound played out and boring and Take on the World, Evil Fantasies and Burnin' Up are the worst Priest songs I've ever heard. I dunno, I wasn't impressed by it at all. But then again my Priest standards are Screamin' for Vengeance and Painkiller sooooo...... :lol:

:lol:
Yeah I'm weird :p

The song is great, but the album itself is mediocre at best. The songs sound played out and boring and Take on the World, Evil Fantasies and Burnin' Up are the worst Priest songs I've ever heard. I dunno, I wasn't impressed by it at all. But then again my Priest standards are Screamin' for Vengeance and Painkiller sooooo...... :lol:

Keenan, I expect most Priest fan's standards are Screaming and Painkiller. So that's just a non-statement.:lol:

And Burnin' Up is an awesome song. Quite funny too if you listen to the lyrics. I'm not too keen on the anthem types but I'll listen to Evil Fantasies quite happily. Our version, the REAL version of that album which is called Killing Machine, didn't have Green Manalishi. It is a good album.

Well, I just have to disagree with you on that. :lol:

I cannot stand who Halford adds that accentuation to his voice on Evil Fantasies. *shiver* Take on the World has an annoying ass chorus, and Burnin' Up has horrendous lyrics.

Hell Bent for Leather, Before the Dawn, Killing Machine, Green Manalishi, and Running Wild are good though.

I still give it a 5/10. :lol:

My favorite Priest record is probably Stained Class followed by Defenders of the Faith. I'm not much of a Painkiller guy for some reason.

Yeah I'd say Hell Bent for Leather is a 50/50 type thing, but I think it's worthy of at least a 7/10.

HAAAAAAHAHAHA!!

brilliant.jpg

The chorus riff in one of my band's songs, Survivial Of The Executioner (which can be listened to in the Myspace link in my sig) sounds EXACTLY like the verse riff in Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth. Don't blame me, I don't write any of the guitar riffs, just the bass stuff!

The riff isn't even...

*brain melts*

GODDAMMIT FRANCE

Oh come on you have to admit it the riffs are similar. I'm not saying they ripped them off or anything.

We'll have a vote:

And in case you've never heard of Master Of Puppets:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA[/ame]

Who thinks that these songs have similar riffs in them?

Last edited by a moderator: