Right monitor took a shit on me.

~BURNY~

Apr 20, 2005
I've been (happilly) using my DSM3's so far. I always dug them sound wise but I feel they are way too fragile now, which is a shame really. Already had some technical issues with them...

Maybe it's time for a change. I can't buy anything super expensive right now so I need a cheap yet effective transition setup until I can afford Focal twins or Event Opal. Think €600 max.

I've been thinking about the Yamaha HS series.
HS7 mostly cause I tend to use low levels for mixing most of the times so I don't like 8"+ which tend to sound less responsive ime.

I might invest in a Subwoofer later before the end of the year.

HS5 just seem too small to fill the gap.

Opinons please?

I bought the HS7´s a few months ago and i would strongly suggest them! Compared them to the hs5 and hs8 and to me the hs5 just sounded weird and radio´ish and the hs8 was no fun at lower volume, a bit muddy and not that mid forward sound both hs5 and hs7 has. I guess the hs8 would be better in bigger, treated rooms on higher volumes. I use my hs7´s in a small bedroom that is untreated atm and they work just great!

Well, just got them. Couldn't wait too long. Four hours road trip to the nearest big city and here they are ready to be unboxed. µJust had a quick listen at the shop and was rather impressed.

Yep, just plugged them. Listening to Kendra Morris. I don't hear the old HS8-M weirdness I didn't like. A bit more 500hz ish than the DSM3 but nothing crippling, nice tight low end. No regrets so far.

They really do! I dont really get why people say they dont have enough lows but to me there is plenty. More than enough for my room!

Ns10s and a cheap amp.

Too late dude but thanks for the suggestion.

389946DSCF112123.jpg

I'm a happy camper with HS7. Can't believe we can get this level of performance for that ridiculous price. They're killer.

What was a supposed to be a quick fix might end up lasting a lot longer then I initially thought. Totally exceeded my expectations.

They really do! I dont really get why people say they dont have enough lows but to me there is plenty. More than enough for my room!

A lot of inexperienced people tend to confuse the depth for the amount.

I wouldn't mind an extra octave for electronic music but it's more than enough for most situations in a Rock/Pop/Metal context.

What strikes me as a big step up is the super fast/punchy transient response. My old monitors where clearly lacking a bit in this area.

Yeah. It was the same deal when i was reading up on headphones. I wanted a bit cheaper but still decent headphones when mixing late at night and i baught the sennheiser HD 380 pro (used hd 280 pro before but they broke). People was saying they lack low-end and i couldn´t understand that at all. I always let my own ears decide. Back to the HS7! Yeah i noticed the transient-response to! This makes em awesome to mix drums on! :D