RIP CHUCK

Pale-Folklore

summoning the rain
Jul 31, 2006
toronto
it's a bit late for this thread, but EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO DEATH TODAY.

today is the day legend Chuck Schuldiner died. RIP :(

Indeed. I don't listen to Death much, but Chuck was indeed a huge talent. RIP

I listened to all my Death albums yesterday (5 out of 7) and the Control Denied album as well. The dude was so fucking talented and his lyrics (later on) really make me think. Definately one of the top songwriters in metal.

R.I.P Chuck

Favourite Death song right now would have to be Without Judgement, fucking awesome song.

Edit: Lack of Comprehension is also amazing.

I would be tempted to say that 'To Forgive Is To Suffer' has the Perfect Riff, but that would not do justice to 'Empty Words', 'Mentally Blind', 'Trapped In A Corner' and 'Spirit Crusher'!... ok actually, you can replace that with 'that would not do justice to the last three albums' :D

and i'm slowly getting into Control Denied too!

RIP lord Chuck!

my favourite death songs (out of what i've heard): overactive imagination, spirit crusher, the philosopher, cosmic sea, empty words..etc etc etc.

human and individual thought patterns are awesome albums!

Damn, I totally forgot. I made an overly sissy thread last year, I feel bad now. I'll put on Human later in memory. RIP man.

Went to a store to see if they had a Human album t-shirt today, I was pissed to find out they didn't, but I still walked out with Bathory and Aman Amarth shirts.

This reaction is obviously long overdue but for all it's worth: I played "Symbolic" in the store that day and had a Chuck Schuldiner memorial up in the window for the entire week with one of all Death items I have (had) in stock, alongside a big picture of the man himself.
A concept that is sure to return for other metal legends that passed on too soon.