RIP Dennis Hopper

How fucking ironic - I just read this while watching the first season of 24 when Dennis Hopper appeared as Victor Drazen. My wife asked me earlier today if he was still alive and quite frankly I thought he was already dead - then I come here and read he had died. A bit spooky if you ask me.

Yeah, this sucks and he'll be missed. Dude had battled prostate cancer for a while.

Blue Velvet is easily in my top 10 greatest movies ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
How fucking ironic - I just read this while watching the first season of 24 when Dennis Hopper appeared as Victor Drazen. My wife asked me earlier today if he was still alive and quite frankly I thought he was already dead - then I come here and read he had died. A bit spooky if you ask me.

First thing I thought of when I read this... I'm only on season 2 now , like a hundred fuckin more seasons to go to be caught up haha

totally sucks, but not unexpected...just about 2 weeks ago he got his star in hollywood, and supposedly could barely walk at the ceremony for it, and reportedly weighed only around 90 lbs

regardless, now seems like a good time to go watch apocalypse now...

Dude, the worst thing about all of these celebrities dying so close together, is that the individual deaths are becoming less shocking. It's almost like, "Oh, he died, too?" It doesn't diminish their accomplishments over the years, but it makes it harder to mourn for so many individual passings.

They're dropping like flies...I was always told it happens in groups of 3....So you have (in no particular order)

Britney murphy
Her husband (not sure if he counts as a celeb or anything though as i have no idea what he did)
paul grey

Sennheiser
Gary Coleman
Dennis Hopper

Art Linkletter
Dio

So going by that...we still have 1 left (as morbid as that is), But I think there was a few more that im not remembering