RIP Lemmy

Very sad indeed. He was always around from the early days of my own musical journey, everywhere you turn, he is there. Always a gentleman, always straightforward, always kind, always willing to have a chat and tell a good joke, and always difficult for me to understand because my hearing isn't what it used to be. HAHA! Cheers Lemmy, you will be missed by so many and remembered by the masses!

So sad to hear. He was a true icon. Motorhead were by far the loudest band I have ever heard live. The first time I saw them was at Download 2005 and they were headlining the second stage. Apparently they were so loud that they could be heard over System Of A Down on the main stage. I could quite believe it as I was deaf for a week after that gig!!!

Very sad news indeed. R.I.P. Lemmy.

This video is a very fitting tribute... On New Years Eve, Members of Alice Cooper's band played a benefit show including this awesome rendition of Ace of Spades with guest guitarist Dave F'in Murray.

Last edited:
I heard the memorial was an experience like the 80's on the Strip!! I can only imagine the amount of Jack & Cokes consumed that day and night!! \M/
I love your story, Jenna!

Thanks!!! It was after that gig that I started wearing earplugs to gigs - ESPECIALLY Motorhead gigs!! I remember seeing Slayer in Denmark and they were so loud they made my nose itch as it made the tip vibrate!! Now that's loud!! Haha!!

It's still so surreal every time you hear new Motorhead on the radio, just knowing it's a new release and the band will never tour with this new material. Their version of Sympathy for the Devil would have been so amazing live!! R.I.P. Lemmy. :(:cry: