RIP Neil Peart of Rush

Fixxer315

May 4, 2012
It is with a sad and heavy heart to inform those who haven't heard that Neil Peart, legendary drummer for the band Rush passed away on Tuesday after a 3 year battle with cancer.

Bravewords.com Story

Words cannot express how much Rush has been a part of my life for well over three decades. I started as a fan in the mid 80's with the album Power Windows, and I've been going strong ever since. They were the first band I eve saw live (Hold Your FIre Tour, 1988) and I've seen them sixteen times--at least once one every tour from 1988 through 2015.

A key part of the attraction towards Rush has been the amazing lyrics written by Neil. He really spoke to a confused and alienated teen like myself, with songs like Subdivisions, Emotion Detector and The Pass reaching to my very soul. And of course, there was the amazing drumwork, which really shone in the live shows. Even when it was clear that Neil had lost his appetite for touring, he certainly delivered 100% on stage, even to the last tour, which was a truly fitting end to the band--far more fitting than any "Farewell Tour" where everyone knows the band would reunite if the money was good. Here, everyone knew it was the end even if the band didn't announce it until well after the tour was over.

RIP to The Professor. May you have great drum duels in the sky with Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, John Bohnam and others.

Reactions: CiG
NEIL PEART - LATE RUSH DRUMMER REMEMBERED BY MIKE PORTNOY, CHARLIE BENANTE, TAYLOR HAWKINS & MORE IN EXCLUSIVE SIRIUSXM SPECIAL

"...Join Volume host Eddie Trunk on December 23 at 7 PM, ET as he reflects on the life and legacy of Peart with some of the best drummers in the world, including Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins, Sons Of Apollo’s Mike Portnoy, Anthrax’s Charlie Benante, Living Colour’s Will Calhoun, Kenny Aronoff, and more. This special will also be available on the SiriusXM app after its debut....Click here to stream SiriusXM’s Volume...."