RIP Paul Gray

just to clear up the "contributed nothing to a band" part someone said. He was the spine and a founding member for Slipknot. Also wrote alot of material for them.

All basists are not slaves to guitar riffs, open your fucking minds.

Nevertheless, sad thing. I do listen to them still today, yet if you don't like the band at all does not mean you need to disrespect this topic. He was also another human being, another musician dead.

Slipknot will probably be disbanded. I totally understand that, and i think if anyone of you were in their position you would do the same. They playd with the same lineup since they started basically and it's not a matter of principle, it will be a matter of it never being the same for them again. And the music would also not be the same since he was one of the main contributors.

*Leaves shitty COBOT forum alone again*

if you don't like the band at all does not mean you need to disrespect this topic.

I get this a lot :/

Why do people think others need to disrespect shitty bands. Its just a hobby, like disrespecting terrible songwriters, or angsty teens in their 20s and 30s.

It's pointless when you think about it. Go around and boast on internet forums or news comments. Pointless wasted time just to try to get attention from others! I did not mean my comment specifically to this either, It goes on all the time...

Trolls :lol: FAKE AND GAYYYYY.

In the same way that I don't write R.I.P every time I hear about a starving African child or the victims of a natural disaster, I'm not going to for someone I don't know, who happens to have been a member of a band I hate. Maybe if the guy and his band had made a significant contribution to something I love (eg: Dio's contributions to Metal) then I would pay my respects. But I'm not going to do that for someone who I think de-popularized and nearly damn well killed the Music genre I love. I don't see why, simply because the guy was somewhat of a celebrity, everyone has to join in with BROTHA DIME syndrome.

In the same way that I don't write R.I.P every time I hear about a starving African child or the victims of a natural disaster, I'm not going to for someone I don't know, who happens to have been a member of a band I hate. Maybe if the guy and his band had made a significant contribution to something I love (eg: Dio's contributions to Metal) then I would pay my respects. But I'm not going to do that for someone who I think de-popularized and nearly damn well killed the Music genre I love. I don't see why, simply because the guy was somewhat of a celebrity, everyone has to join in with BROTHA DIME syndrome.

Ofcourse not, taste is very objective though and for some people some bands mean alot. Ofcourse I won't go around writing R.I.P Paul Gray on every goddamn video of slipknot i find as I also hate the RIP DIME thing.

I had alot of respect for these guys energy and dedication, then again I can't care a rats ass about genres or metal in general anymore since that genre has long ago died. When It became all about technical prowess and image instead of writing great songs. Metal seems to be about being a picky and narrowminded prick anyways.

Inb4: Shitstorm, but It really is my opinion that the number of "good" metal bands that are still most about the music and live show are swiftly decreasin.

I just don't get the fact that people have to care about what others listen to and other peoples opinion and I see people freaking out over the Paul Gray news that "he doesn't deserve this attention or peoples grief" :lol:

It's pointless when you think about it. Go around and boast on internet forums or news comments. Pointless wasted time just to try to get attention from others! I did not mean my comment specifically to this either, It goes on all the time...

Trolls :lol: FAKE AND GAYYYYY.
GAY AND LIEEIIINNNGG >8C

Whats the difference between me making fun of this dead cunt or some FinFagFanboi teenager in another thread?
I don't see why, simply because the guy was somewhat of a celebrity, everyone has to join in with BRUTHUH DAI'YM syndrome.

fixed

Totally missed the point *sight*.

This is not the DIME BROTHA syndrome yet. That's when it becomes almost a pickup-line to be like "R.I.P Dimebag!"

lol at the first comment on that link, he successfully trolled the entire rest of the comments :lol:

I listened to the 911 phone call an employee at the motel made... he had a needle next to his bed and was slumped against the wall.

I also read an article where he bragged about "pushing it to the limit" and "having near-death experiences with heroin". He was a junkie.

lol