RIP Seth Putnam

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
I had the displeasure of seeing that miserable piece of shit on his Fresh-Out-of-Coma tour at Annie's Social Club a few years ago. Anal Blast opened up, making made Anal Cunt look like baroque virtuosos.

It was bad. Not good-bad, but bad-bad. Seth could barely stand, let alone remember 'lyrics' (read:cues to scream), sipping 7up between every song with the dead eyes of a punk rock zombie. We spent most of the show heckling them; at one point, I pulled the cable out of the guitarist's guitar. It took him far too long to notice, and I don't think anyone even cared.

They sucked.

But I expected nothing more.

RIP

o0rx54.jpg

I'm not really familiar with the band at all besides knowing they're not good and are super offensive but wow at that picture, what the fuck haha :guh:

yeah, when i found out about his death i was like "huh," kinda like i wasn't too shocked, or surprised for that matter. also not extremely familiar with ac, other than a few songs about something being gay or owning a store and whatnot. nevertheless, RIP.

He had a heart attack at 43...how surprising. I used to laugh over and over to their lyrics back in the day when I was just getting into metal...but they were atrocious musically. I remember song titles like "I became a counselor to tell rape victims they deserved it," "chris barnes is a pussy," "Hitler was a sensitive man," etc. Seth Putnam seemed to me like the ultimate troll that could almost be serious at the same time. Couldn't tell. He seemed like a cock though..."Wow, look at me I do alot of drugs, I'm so cool and punk rock."

My favorite.

Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck

[Chorus:]
Eric Clapton sucks!
Eric Clapton sucks!
Eric Clapton's gay and he's fucking gay!

Your father is the 4th worst singer
After Springsteen, Seger and Petty
You were sick of his gay fucking songs
So you jumped out a really high up window

Your father sucks so fucking bad
You knew you'd get beaten up at school
You were sick of hearing "You Look Wonderful Tonight"
So you jumped out a really high up window

I almost wish you didn't die
Because I hate the song "Tears In Heaven"
I was glad you died until I heard that song
And Kevin Sharp is gay!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Women, nature’s punching bag [x4]

You didn’t get me a beer
You were one minute late with dinner
You bought the wrong kind of beer
You wanted a career

[Pre-chorus:]

[Chorus]

You forgot to cash my unemployment check
You’re having your period
You want to visit your mother
You want to have another kid

[Pre-chorus]

[Chorus]

Last edited by a moderator:
Riveting and thought provoking. A true lyrical genius at work. You can tell the man put his soul into everything he did. This sort of talent and musicianship can never be taught or learned. It can only come from within. What a special, unique musician and even better man he was.

Riveting and thought provoking. A true lyrical genius at work. You can tell the man put his soul into everything he did. This sort of talent and musicianship can never be taught or learned. It can only come from within. What a special, unique musician and even better man he was.

Because that was really his goal.

Come on now.
I could sarcastically say what you just said about just about everything that isn't golden-years Bob Dylan or Jimi Jendrix circa-1968. Seth Putnam was the Piss-Christ of metal. The Jackson Pollack of rock. The GG Allin of... well, Seth Putnam. If you're offended by the idea of calling it art, then it's probably art.

Not all 'art' needs to strive for poignant original criticism of the human condition. In fact, I'd say A.C. said a lot more about the world than Gothenburg-Soundalike-Band-#4,762, or the majority of bands at that Rites of Darkness amateur-hour.

That said, Anal Cunt sucked.

:: rolls eyes ::