RIP Seth Putnam

haha you guys, come on now :lol:

If there's anywhere a fella can lay down some serious sarcasm, it's this forum, right?

Seth Putnam was a fuckbag and Anal Cunt sucks (sucked?) ass. I was only trying to make a sarcastic joke.

32. I'm Really Excited About The Upcoming David Buskin Concert

I bought a bus ticket to the log cabin
I’m gonna start a pit during the first song
I’m gonna request “Papa You Were A Sailor”
I’m gonna bring 3 lighters to the show

I was really psyched to see Morbid Angel
I was really psyched to see Upsidedown Cross
I was really psyched to see Al Stewart
But not as much as

[Chorus:]
David Buskin, David Buskin, David Buskin is coming to my town

He was much better with Batteau
But he’s still heaver than Six Feet Under
I’m gonna drink 5 cases of beer before the show
And smoke tons of pot, crack, and dust

I was really psyched to see Judas Priest
I was really psyched to see Black Sabbath
I was really psyched to see Phranc
But not as much as

[Chorus]

What's so bad about Anal Cunt? Since when did people get so offended by lyrics? It's ok to make fun of Christians and Jews and call people my pals and fags but tongue-in-cheek shock humor is not allowed? Since when did we turn into a bunch of politically correct faggots?

At least they did something, however base and sucky it was. You don't listen to Anal Cunt because you think it's good; you listen to it because it makes you laugh. You go to McDonald's because you're hungry and it's cheap and easy, not because you wanna eat filet mignon. Of course they suck, that's the point. Of course they're offensive, that's the point. Why would you make a comparison to ANYTHING when it comes to AC?

Listening to metal and being appalled by Anal Cunt is like going to, well, an Anal Cunt concert and expecting to hear Mozart. I can understand WASPs and Christians and the religious right being appalled, but metalheads? Seriously? Ever heard of Gwar? GG Allin? BLACK METAL? Is AC any more ridiculously shocking than a self-mutilating, decapitating pigs' heads black metal concert?

What's so bad about Anal Cunt? Since when did people get so offended by lyrics? It's ok to make fun of Christians and Jews and call people my pals and fags but tongue-in-cheek shock humor is not allowed? Since when did we turn into a bunch of politically correct faggots?

At least they did something, however base and sucky it was. You don't listen to Anal Cunt because you think it's good; you listen to it because it makes you laugh. You go to McDonald's because you're hungry and it's cheap and easy, not because you wanna eat filet mignon. Of course they suck, that's the point. Of course they're offensive, that's the point. Why would you make a comparison to ANYTHING when it comes to AC?

Listening to metal and being appalled by Anal Cunt is like going to, well, an Anal Cunt concert and expecting to hear Mozart. I can understand WASPs and Christians and the religious right being appalled, but metalheads? Seriously? Ever heard of Gwar? GG Allin? BLACK METAL? Is AC any more ridiculously shocking than a self-mutilating, decapitating pigs' heads black metal concert?

Interesting, and good points made. However, you never struck me as a guy who could understand/appreciate Anal Cunt. Personally, I like Anal Cunt mostly because like me, they directly equate "funniness" with offensiveness. Fortunately we still have bands that continue the legacy they started.

Well, I mean appreciating Anal Cunt is something that isn't really done insofar as appreciating the balls they had. You don't go see Andrew Dice Clay expecting Jerry Seinfeld.

There's really nothing to understand or appreciate because it's just so over the top and ludicrous that it couldn't possibly be serious, which makes it simply funny. Was Seth Putnam a gigantic fuck up? Of course he was, but that was his whole shtick.

Also, they were never an incredibly popular band; people just know who they were because they wrote really fucked up songs and played really badly.

I find it hard to comprehend that in this day and age with Goatse, Lemon Party, Two Girls, One Cup, etc., that people can even find lyrics offensive, as if watching two girls shitting in a cup, then eating the shit, then vomiting it back up, then eating it again is so much less offensive than "Beating Up Hippies For Their Drugs at a Phish Concert".

IMO, Billy Milano is much worse than Putnam because Billy really is a racist, xenophobic dickhole.

It's not that I'm offended, it's just juvenile. It's like those Youtube videos where the guys prank call a dead persons relative. There's trolling, then there's acting like a spoiled child.

I don't think anyone here was offended by Anal Cunt...no seasoned metalfan would be unless they were black, jewish or a retarded (though they may not understand that lyric to be offended anyway)...I think the real point is...WE don't want to offend people like THAT. Maybe certain politics, politians, religious authorities, religious figures, historical figures, ex girlfriends but we wouldn't go out and write juvenile lyrics about abusing women, black people, old people, making fun of someone's kid dying, etc. all in one and put it out there, tour behind and be a dick wad for show. I know you didn't say we would, but that's what we mean when we say "he was offensive."

I just thought it was stupid. Some of the song titles were funny. But I hate the music, and i guess i think the whole concept of the band was dumb. Waste of time.